Custom Attributes

vladz
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Custom Attributes

On 19/03/2017 20:49, vladz wrote:

> While registering the new user, I'd like to be able to save additional data.
> In the default installation, there was a 'plainAttrs' schema entry for
> 'email', which I replaced by lastname and firstname, both defined as String
> types, not required, no validation, no integrity checks.
>
> When I try to add user with these values set as "plainAttrs": [], the user
> saves just fine.  When I add data there, as:
>
>    "plainAttrs": [
>        {
>            "schema":"firstname",
>            "values":["Test"]
>        },
>        {
>            "schema":"lastname",
>            "values":["Last"]
>        }
>    ]
>
> it fails to save, the following error found in core-persistence.log:
>
> 14:16:39.348 WARN
> org.apache.syncope.core.persistence.jpa.validation.entity.EntityValidationListener
> - Bean validation errors found:
> [ConstraintViolationImpl{rootBean=JPAUser[null], propertyPath='plainAttrs',
> message='InvalidPlainAttr;lastname not allowed for this instance',
> leafBean=JPAUser[null], value=JPAUser[null]}]
>
> and core-rest.log contains more details:
>
> 15:35:35.729 ERROR
> org.apache.syncope.core.rest.cxf.RestServiceExceptionMapper - Exception
> thrown
> org.apache.syncope.core.persistence.api.attrvalue.validation.InvalidEntityException:
> JPAUser [InvalidPlainAttr]
> at
> org.apache.syncope.core.persistence.jpa.validation.entity.EntityValidationListener.validate(EntityValidationListener.java:71)
> ~[syncope-core-persistence-jpa-2.0.2.jar:2.0.2]
> ~[?:1.8.0_66]
> at
> ~[?:1.8.0_66]
> at
> ~[?:1.8.0_66]
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) ~[?:1.8.0_66]
> at
> org.apache.openjpa.event.BeanLifecycleCallbacks.makeCallback(BeanLifecycleCallbacks.java:85)
> ~[openjpa-kernel-2.4.2.jar:2.4.2]
>

> Then configuration for Plain Attrs looks like this:
>
> (select id, `mandatoryCondition`, multivalue, readonly, type,
> uniqueConstraint, validatorClass from PlainSchema where id like '%name')
>
> id mandatoryCondition multivalue readonly type uniqueConstraint
> validatorClass
> firstname false 0 0 String 0 NULL
> lastname false 0 0 String 0 NULL
>
> Why am I not able to save these 2 attributes during self-registration?

Hi,
short answer: from Admin Console, go to Configuration > Types >
AnyTypesClasses, edit 'BaseUser' and add 'firstname' and 'lastname' there.

Long answer: invest some time in understanding how the type management
works in Syncope:
https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#type-management

HTH

Re: Custom Attributes

vladz
CONTENTS DELETED

On 20/03/2017 15:17, vladz wrote:
> [...]
> I'll say, an illustrated how-to document for most common tasks involving
> both the configuration and UI would eliminate questions like mine.  And to
> put my "money" where my "mouth" is - I'd be happy to help with that.  :)

That's great to hear, Vlad!

Please first review [1], then send an ICLA [2] and create an account on
Confluence [3]; once done, please communicate your username so that I
can grant you with editing rights.

FYI, the only resource available online providing some kind of HOWTO for
Syncope 2.0 is [4], maybe it could be useful for you too.

Regards.

[1] http://syncope.apache.org/contributing.html
[2] http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/signup.action
[4]
http://coheigea.blogspot.it/2016/08/pulling-users-and-groups-from-ldap-into.html

Re: Custom Attributes

you should now be able to edit

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Apache+Syncope+2.0+Primer

Please let me know if it works.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Custom Attributes

On 20/03/2017 16:57, Vlad Zelenko wrote:
I can see the link.  It shows Viewing Restriction to You and Me, No EDIT restrictions.

I can add comments, and see no way to add/change page content.  :)

Please try again...

Hi,

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Custom Attributes

On 20/03/2017 17:06, Vlad Zelenko wrote:
I am now able to see myself in the editors list. But there is still no Edit button at the top of the screen for page.

Once more, please...

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Custom Attributes

rajkumar

I am trying to update data syncope to Database or LDAP to syncope. Whenever i am trying to fetch, i am getting org.identityconnectors.framework.api.operations.SearchApiOp
Return: null Method: search
 error. Kindly help me with this and let me know in which scenario this error will occur.

Thanks,
Rajkumar Kanikumar