[DISCUSS] - Create Apache Syncope distribution

[DISCUSS] - Create Apache Syncope distribution

Colm O hEigeartaigh
Hi all,

Probably this has been covered before. IMO we should create a distribution for Apache Syncope to make it easier for new users to play around with. We are probably deterring new users by asking them to do the following (e.g.):

"mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.syncope  -DarchetypeArtifactId=syncope-archetype -DarchetypeRepository=https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots  -DarchetypeVersion=1.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT"

Thoughts?

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: [DISCUSS] - Create Apache Syncope distribution

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Hi,

Having a "ready to use" distribution is a good idea.

Why not a "jetty/tomcat" based standalone distribution (as we do in
Archiva).

I plan also to add a distribution powered by Karaf.

Archetype is a good plan as well, but not sure it will help rookies to
jump into Syncope.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

"Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Having a "ready to use" distribution is a good idea.
>
>Why not a "jetty/tomcat" based standalone distribution (as we do in
>Archiva).

This could be easily achieved by just packing the cargo configuration currently used for the console's dev profile. Cool :-)

>I plan also to add a distribution powered by Karaf.

Even cooler ;-)

>Archetype is a good plan as well, but not sure it will help rookies to
>jump into Syncope.

This discussion is somehow related to SYNCOPE-143, maybe we can adapt and extend.

Regards.

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: [DISCUSS] - Create Apache Syncope distribution

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Should I create a JIRA for 1.1.0-incubating then to create a Tomcat based standalone distribution by packing the cargo configuration currently used for the console's dev profile?

Colm.

http://coders.talend.com

Colm O hEigeartaigh <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Should I create a JIRA for 1.1.0-incubating then to create a Tomcat
>based
>standalone distribution by packing the cargo configuration currently
>used
>for the console's dev profile?

Yes please: I'll be back at work next Monday and until then I couldn't do it.

Regards.