Database Connector queries

Colm O hEigeartaigh
Hi all,

Two questions about the database connector.

a) When I look at the schema mappings that ships with the configuration in embedded mode for one of the Connectors to a H2 backend (e.g. resource-testdb), I see for example the USER Username mapped to an external ID attribute in the backend, which is also marked as the mandatory AccountId. However, there does not appear to be a way to reproduce this configuration in the Console, unless I am missing something. If you delete this entry and attempt to add another one, as soon as "AccountId" is ticked, the external attribute disappears. Am I missing something here?

b) If I attempt to create a User and assign it to the "resource-testdb", propagation fails with:

org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Table "TEST" not found; SQL statement:
SELECT * FROM test WHERE id IS NULL [42102-168]
        at org.h2.message.DbException.getJdbcSQLException(DbException.java:329)

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Database Connector queries

Fabio Martelli
Hi Colm,
please find my answers/comments inline.

Il giorno 06/set/2012, alle ore 12.28, Colm O hEigeartaigh ha scritto:

Hi all,

Two questions about the database connector.

a) When I look at the schema mappings that ships with the configuration in embedded mode for one of the Connectors to a H2 backend (e.g. resource-testdb), I see for example the USER Username mapped to an external ID attribute in the backend, which is also marked as the mandatory AccountId. However, there does not appear to be a way to reproduce this configuration in the Console, unless I am missing something. If you delete this entry and attempt to add another one, as soon as "AccountId" is ticked, the external attribute disappears. Am I missing something here?

If you mark an attribute as AccountId you cannot specify any external/remote attribute ID. It doesn't need looking at the connector framework: AccountId will be sent as __NAME__.
The same is for the password.

Btw embedded data should be modified.

b) If I attempt to create a User and assign it to the "resource-testdb", propagation fails with:

org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Table "TEST" not found; SQL statement:
SELECT * FROM test WHERE id IS NULL [42102-168]
        at org.h2.message.DbException.getJdbcSQLException(DbException.java:329)

Sorry but I cannot reproduce the problem.
"TEST" table is created by the build-tools. Please look for exception into core.log or core-persistence.log.

Please, let me know.

F.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Database Connector queries

Colm O hEigeartaigh
Hi Fabio,

Thanks for your reply.

> If you mark an attribute as AccountId you cannot specify any external/remote attribute ID. It doesn't need looking at the connector
> framework: AccountId will be sent as __NAME__.
> The same is for the password.

If you create a new archetype (1.1.0-incubating) and go to Resources and edit "resource-testdb" and go to Schema Mappings, you can see that even though the Username attribute is marked as an "AccountId", an "ID" attribute appears as an external attribute. Same goes for password. I'm guessing that this is a bug in the test configuration - could you confirm?

> Sorry but I cannot reproduce the problem.
> "TEST" table is created by the build-tools. Please look for exception into core.log or core-persistence.log.

This was an error on my end after all, apologies!

Colm.

http://coders.talend.com

Re: Database Connector queries

Fabio Martelli

Il giorno 06/set/2012, alle ore 17.16, Colm O hEigeartaigh ha scritto:

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for your reply.

> If you mark an attribute as AccountId you cannot specify any external/remote attribute ID. It doesn't need looking at the connector
> framework: AccountId will be sent as __NAME__.
> The same is for the password.

If you create a new archetype (1.1.0-incubating) and go to Resources and edit "resource-testdb" and go to Schema Mappings, you can see that even though the Username attribute is marked as an "AccountId", an "ID" attribute appears as an external attribute. Same goes for password. I'm guessing that this is a bug in the test configuration - could you confirm?

Hi Colm,
this is not a bug. The values 'ID' and 'PASSWORD' will be ignored during propagation.
You can change your content.xml removing those values and all will continue to work fine.

Probably, the only problem that I can see is that the current embedded configuration can confuse.

I'm going to create an issue to clear the test configuration.

> Sorry but I cannot reproduce the problem.
> "TEST" table is created by the build-tools. Please look for exception into core.log or core-persistence.log.

This was an error on my end after all, apologies!
ok

Best regards,