Deploying Syncope Mvn/Wildfly

Tech
Hello,

we are trying to deploy the following stack using the MVN procedure:
- JDK-8.111
- MVN-3.10
- MariaDB
- Wildfly10 / Tomcat8
- Syncope2.0.1

we followed the two documentations presented here:
- http://syncope.apache.org/docs/getting-started.html#maven-project
- http://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#mariadb
-
http://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#apache-tomcat-8-and-8-5
- http://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#wildfly-9-and-10

and we tried to configure two different archetypes, one for Tomcat and
the other for Wildfly.

Using Wildfly we deploy the JDBC driver of MariaDB, we test the
connectivity and it's working.

We deploy the syncope.war but it fails.
We deploy syncope-console.war and syncope-enduser.war and they can be
deployed.
We deploy one more time the syncope.war and we get this error again:

Cannot upload deployment: {"WFLYCTL0080: Failed services" =>
{"jboss.deployment.unit.\"syncope.war\".WeldStartService" =>
"org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service
jboss.deployment.unit.\"syncope.war\".WeldStartService: Failed to start
service Caused by: org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DeploymentException:
WELD-001409: Ambiguous dependencies for type Validator with qualifiers
@Default at injection point [UnbackedAnnotatedField] @Inject private
org.apache.bval.cdi.BValInterceptor.validator at
org.apache.bval.cdi.BValInterceptor.validator(BValInterceptor.java:0)
Possible dependencies: - ValidatorBean
[id=org.hibernate.validator.internal.cdi.ValidatorBean_default], -
org.apache.bval.cdi.ValidatorBean@10e0f68c "},"WFLYCTL0412: Required
services that are not installed:" =>
["jboss.deployment.unit.\"syncope.war\".WeldStartService"],"WFLYCTL0180:
Services with missing/unavailable dependencies" => undefined}

Is there any step missing?

Thanks

Re: Deploying Syncope Mvn/Wildfly

On 07/12/2016 12:56, PSYND wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we are trying to deploy the following stack using the MVN procedure:
> - JDK-8.111
> - MVN-3.10
> - MariaDB
> - Wildfly10 / Tomcat8
> - Syncope2.0.1
>
> we followed the two documentations presented here:
> - http://syncope.apache.org/docs/getting-started.html#maven-project
> - http://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#mariadb
> -
> http://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#apache-tomcat-8-and-8-5
> - http://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#wildfly-9-and-10
>
> and we tried to configure two different archetypes, one for Tomcat and
> the other for Wildfly.
>
> Using Wildfly we deploy the JDBC driver of MariaDB, we test the
> connectivity and it's working.
>
> We deploy the syncope.war but it fails.
> We deploy syncope-console.war and syncope-enduser.war and they can be
> deployed.
> We deploy one more time the syncope.war and we get this error again:
>
> Cannot upload deployment: {"WFLYCTL0080: Failed services" =>
> {"jboss.deployment.unit.\"syncope.war\".WeldStartService" =>
> "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service
> jboss.deployment.unit.\"syncope.war\".WeldStartService: Failed to
> start service Caused by:
> org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DeploymentException: WELD-001409: Ambiguous
> dependencies for type Validator with qualifiers @Default at injection
> point [UnbackedAnnotatedField] @Inject private
> org.apache.bval.cdi.BValInterceptor.validator at
> org.apache.bval.cdi.BValInterceptor.validator(BValInterceptor.java:0)
> Possible dependencies: - ValidatorBean
> [id=org.hibernate.validator.internal.cdi.ValidatorBean_default], -
> org.apache.bval.cdi.ValidatorBean@10e0f68c "},"WFLYCTL0412: Required
> services that are not installed:" =>
> ["jboss.deployment.unit.\"syncope.war\".WeldStartService"],"WFLYCTL0180:
> Services with missing/unavailable dependencies" => undefined}
>
> Is there any step missing?

Hi,
the documentation was updated since last release (2.0.1), specifically
for better handling of Maven build and Wildfly; please take a look at

https://ci.apache.org/projects/syncope/reference-guide.html#wildfly-9-and-10

and

https://ci.apache.org/projects/syncope/reference-guide.html#customization

towards the end, when the detailed build procedure

$ mvn clean verify \
    -Dconf.directory=/opt/syncope/conf \
    -Dbundles.directory=/opt/syncope/bundles \
    -Dlog.directory=/opt/syncope/log
$ cp core/target/classes/*properties /opt/syncope/conf
$ cp console/target/classes/*properties /opt/syncope/conf
$ cp enduser/target/classes/*properties /opt/syncope/conf

is reported.

As you can see, the URL refers to the SNAPSHOT version of the guide,
which will reach the canonical URL

http://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html

once next release (2.0.2) will be out.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

> [...]

> Hi,
> the documentation was updated since last release (2.0.1), specifically
> for better handling of Maven build and Wildfly; please take a look at
>
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/syncope/reference-guide.html#wildfly-9-and-10
>

> and
>
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/syncope/reference-guide.html#customization
>
> towards the end, when the detailed build procedure
>
> $ mvn clean verify \
>    -Dconf.directory=/opt/syncope/conf \
>    -Dbundles.directory=/opt/syncope/bundles \
>    -Dlog.directory=/opt/syncope/log
> $ cp core/target/classes/*properties /opt/syncope/conf
> $ cp console/target/classes/*properties /opt/syncope/conf
> $ cp enduser/target/classes/*properties /opt/syncope/conf
>
> is reported.
>
> As you can see, the URL refers to the SNAPSHOT version of the guide,

Forgot to mention: the sample project at

https://github.com/Tirasa/syncopeOnJBoss

is already built by following the indications from

On 07/12/2016 14:05, Raj Kumar wrote:

This link will apply for 2.0.0 also?

Yes, it does.
Naturally, you should take care that any reference to SNAPSHOT versions inside the text should be replaced to your actual version (e.g. 2.0.0 / 2.0.1).

Regards.

[...]

Main steps performed:

1) create mariadb database called syncope autentified by syncope/syncope
2) git clone syncopeJboss

 From: http://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#mariadb
3) edit core/src/main/resources/provisioning.properties
quartz.jobstore=org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.StdJDBCDelegate
quartz.sql=tables_mariadb.sql

4) edit core/src/main/resources/domains/Master.properties
Master.driverClassName=org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver
Master.url=jdbc:mariadb://localhost:3306/syncope?characterEncoding=UTF-8
Master.schema=
Master.username=syncope
Master.password=syncope
Master.databasePlatform=org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.MariaDBDictionary
Master.orm=META-INF/spring-orm.xml

5)
mkdir -p /opt/syncope/bundles
mkdir -p /opt/syncope/log
mkdir -p /opt/syncope/conf

6) mvn -Dconf.directory=/opt/syncope/conf
-Dbundles.directory=/opt/syncope/bundles

7)
cp core/target/classes/*properties /opt/syncope/conf/
cp console/target/classes/*properties /opt/syncope/conf/
cp enduser/target/classes/*properties /opt/syncope/conf/

8) copy maria into wildfly/lib or deploy using the interface will give
the same result here
mariadb-java-client-1.6.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

9) Check connection creating datasource and test connection (with
success) using:
jdbc:mariadb://localhost:3306/syncope?characterEncoding=UTF-8
syncope/syncope

10) upload from wildfly interface syncope.war:

07:30:57,325 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader]
(ServerService Thread Pool -- 157) Context initialization failed:
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
creating bean with name 'reportServiceImpl': Unsatisfied dependency
expressed through field 'logic'; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
creating bean with name 'reportLogic': Unsatisfied dependency expressed
through field 'jobManager'; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
creating bean with name 'jobManagerImpl': Unsatisfied dependency
expressed through field 'scheduler'; nested exception is
bean with name 'quartzDataSourceInit' defined in VFS resource
["/content/syncope.war/WEB-INF/lib/syncope-core-provisioning-java-2.0.1.jar/provisioningContext.xml"]:
Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.init.UncategorizedScriptException:
Failed to execute database script; nested exception is
org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Could not get
JDBC Connection; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load
JDBC driver class 'org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver'
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor$AutowiredFieldElement.inject(AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:569)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InjectionMetadata.inject(InjectionMetadata.java:88)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessPropertyValues(AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:349)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1219)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:543)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:482)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:306)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:230)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:302)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:197)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:751)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:861)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:541)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.configureAndRefreshWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:444)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:326)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:107)
        at
io.undertow.servlet.core.ApplicationListeners.contextInitialized(ApplicationListeners.java:187)
        at
io.undertow.servlet.core.DeploymentManagerImpl$1.call(DeploymentManagerImpl.java:200)
        at
io.undertow.servlet.core.DeploymentManagerImpl$1.call(DeploymentManagerImpl.java:171)
        at
io.undertow.servlet.core.ServletRequestContextThreadSetupAction$1.call(ServletRequestContextThreadSetupAction.java:42)
        at
io.undertow.servlet.core.ContextClassLoaderSetupAction$1.call(ContextClassLoaderSetupAction.java:43)
        at
io.undertow.servlet.api.LegacyThreadSetupActionWrapper$1.call(LegacyThreadSetupActionWrapper.java:44)
        at
io.undertow.servlet.api.LegacyThreadSetupActionWrapper$1.call(LegacyThreadSetupActionWrapper.java:44)
        at
io.undertow.servlet.api.LegacyThreadSetupActionWrapper$1.call(LegacyThreadSetupActionWrapper.java:44)
        at
io.undertow.servlet.api.LegacyThreadSetupActionWrapper$1.call(LegacyThreadSetupActionWrapper.java:44)
        at
io.undertow.servlet.api.LegacyThreadSetupActionWrapper$1.call(LegacyThreadSetupActionWrapper.java:44)
        at
io.undertow.servlet.core.DeploymentManagerImpl.deploy(DeploymentManagerImpl.java:234)

On 2016-12-07 13:06, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> https://ci.apache.org/projects/syncope/reference-guide.html#customization
>>
>> towards the end, when the detailed build procedure
>>
>> $ mvn clean verify \
>>    -Dconf.directory=/opt/syncope/conf \
>>    -Dbundles.directory=/opt/syncope/bundles \
>>    -Dlog.directory=/opt/syncope/log
>> $ cp core/target/classes/*properties /opt/syncope/conf
>> $ cp console/target/classes/*properties /opt/syncope/conf
>> $ cp enduser/target/classes/*properties /opt/syncope/conf
>>
>> is reported.
>>
>> As you can see, the URL refers to the SNAPSHOT version of the guide,
>> which will reach the canonical URL
>>
>> http://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html
>>
>> once next release (2.0.2) will be out.
>>
>> Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> Forgot to mention: the sample project at
>
> https://github.com/Tirasa/syncopeOnJBoss
>
> is already built by following the indications from

the steps reported look generally good, at a glance.

It seems that your problem is the unavailability of the MariaDB JDBC Driver at some point.

I haven't the chance to give it a try before tomorrow, but you could attempt, in the meantime, to:

1. check if the DataSource was correctly defined for MariaDB in Wildfly 10; see http://stackoverflow.com/a/39868576

2. if this still does not work, remove any Datasource definition from Wildfly and add instead the following Maven depedency:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.mariadb.jdbc</groupId>
    <artifactId>mariadb-java-client</artifactId>
    <version>1.5.5</version>
</dependency

to core/pom.xml

HTH

Re: Deploying Syncope Mvn/Wildfly

I have updated the reference repo for JBoss / Wildfly with a branch
dedicated to MariaDB:

https://github.com/Tirasa/syncopeOnJBoss/tree/MariaDB_NoContainerDataSource

In the README.md there are instructions about how to configure MariaDB
and to test.
I have been able to run it successfully, I wouldn't expect troubles on
your side.

Please note that you will need to remove any DataSource definition from
Wildfly: such new branch is using application-managed DataSource instead.
I will update here shortly with another branch working with
container-managed DataSource.

HTH
Regards.

On 08/12/2016 08:02, ilgrosso wrote:

> Hi,
> the steps reported look generally good, at a glance.
>
> It seems that your problem is the unavailability of the MariaDB JDBC Driver
> at some point.
>
> I haven't the chance to give it a try before tomorrow, but you could
> attempt, in the meantime, to:
>
> 1. check if the DataSource was correctly defined for MariaDB in Wildfly 10;
> see http://stackoverflow.com/a/39868576
>
> 2. if this still does not work, remove any Datasource definition from
> Wildfly and add instead the following Maven depedency:
>
> <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.mariadb.jdbc</groupId>
>      <artifactId>mariadb-java-client</artifactId>
>      <version>1.5.5</version>
> </dependency
>
> to core/pom.xml
>
> HTH
> Regards.

Re: Deploying Syncope Mvn/Wildfly

it seems it took longer than expected - but for a good reason: I have
found a bug in OpenJPA and also provided a quick fix for it.

Anyway, the reference repo was updated again with a new branch for
MariaDB and container-managed DataSource:

https://github.com/Tirasa/syncopeOnJBoss/tree/MariaDB_ContainerDataSource

Again, in the README.md there are instructions about how to configure
MariaDB and Wildfly, and to test.
I have been able to run it successfully, I wouldn't expect troubles on
your side.

Finally, WRT the e-mail below, please note that I have also renamed

https://github.com/Tirasa/syncopeOnJBoss/tree/MariaDB_NoContainerDataSource

https://github.com/Tirasa/syncopeOnJBoss/tree/MariaDB_ApplicationDataSource

HTH

> Hi,
> I have updated the reference repo for JBoss / Wildfly with a branch
> dedicated to MariaDB:
>
> https://github.com/Tirasa/syncopeOnJBoss/tree/MariaDB_NoContainerDataSource
>

> In the README.md there are instructions about how to configure MariaDB
> and to test.
> I have been able to run it successfully, I wouldn't expect troubles on
> your side.
>
> Please note that you will need to remove any DataSource definition
> from Wildfly: such new branch is using application-managed DataSource
> instead.
> I will update here shortly with another branch working with
> container-managed DataSource.
>
> HTH
> Regards.
>
> On 08/12/2016 08:02, ilgrosso wrote:
>> Hi,
>> the steps reported look generally good, at a glance.
>>
>> It seems that your problem is the unavailability of the MariaDB JDBC
>> Driver
>> at some point.
>>
>> I haven't the chance to give it a try before tomorrow, but you could
>> attempt, in the meantime, to:
>>
>> 1. check if the DataSource was correctly defined for MariaDB in
>> Wildfly 10;
>> see http://stackoverflow.com/a/39868576
>>
>> 2. if this still does not work, remove any Datasource definition from
>> Wildfly and add instead the following Maven depedency:
>>
>> <dependency>
>>      <groupId>org.mariadb.jdbc</groupId>
>>      <artifactId>mariadb-java-client</artifactId>
>>      <version>1.5.5</version>
>> </dependency
>>
>> to core/pom.xml
>>
>> HTH