Dynamic role - the task remains blocked

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Dynamic role - the task remains blocked

Tech
Dear experts,

we want to report you something we detected in the Syncope-Console.

We are importing some information from a database where a column is
called "MYGROUP" and the content is "Employee".

We created a group into Syncope called MYGROUP and in the group we
defined a Dynamic group where the attribute.myrole == Employee, the user
is automatically assigned to the group.

When we check the users, we can validate that they are correctly
assigned to the group MYGROUP.

We perform some modification on the Database, we run again the pull, but
this time we see that from the Dashboard/Control/Available, we see the
pull still running, and also pushing on the Stop, the popup will confirm
us that the task has been performed correctly, but also restarting
Syncope, the task will be still running.

We are not able to run anymore any Pull, and we were forced to run a
restore of the database.

What should be done to avoid this?

Thanks

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dynamic role - the task remains blocked

ilgrosso
Administrator
Hi,
I am assuming that this e-mail is a duplicate of [1]: correct?

See my replies below.
Regards.

On 01/03/2017 10:35, Tech wrote:

> Dear experts,
>
> we want to report you something we detected in the Syncope-Console.
>
> We are importing some information from a database where a column is
> called "MYGROUP" and the content is "Employee".
>
> We created a group into Syncope called MYGROUP and in the group we
> defined a Dynamic group where the attribute.myrole == Employee, the
> user is automatically assigned to the group.
>
> When we check the users, we can validate that they are correctly
> assigned to the group MYGROUP.
>
> We perform some modification on the Database, we run again the pull,
> but this time we see that from the Dashboard/Control/Available, we see
> the pull still running, and also pushing on the Stop, the popup will
> confirm us that the task has been performed correctly,

It seems that the pull task has entered into some kind of error
condition that cannot be stopped by the Quartz engine (an example could
be some kind of blocking I/O operation).

> but also restarting Syncope, the task will be still running.

This is really odd: please try to

1. stop the Java EE container
2. check with ps if there is any hanging java process and kill -9 if so
3. start again the Java EE container

I think the actual problem is, as said above, something that prevents
the Java EE container to exit properly.

> We are not able to run anymore any Pull, and we were forced to run a
> restore of the database.
>
> What should be done to avoid this?

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6bef9e8a38a3635fe5144935e92f188a8b5b7032f8b3814de6f94e35@%3Cuser.syncope.apache.org%3E

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

Member at The Apache Software Foundation
Syncope, Cocoon, Olingo, CXF, OpenJPA, PonyMail
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dynamic role - the task remains blocked

Tech
Hello,

thank you for your feedback.

As described, we stopped already the AS and we restarted, but the
process was continuing to turn.

The only solution it was to restore the database, but we know that this
situation it will repeat for sure, that's why we would like to find a
solution







On 01/03/17 14:57, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:

> Hi,
> I am assuming that this e-mail is a duplicate of [1]: correct?
>
> See my replies below.
> Regards.
>
> On 01/03/2017 10:35, Tech wrote:
>> Dear experts,
>>
>> we want to report you something we detected in the Syncope-Console.
>>
>> We are importing some information from a database where a column is
>> called "MYGROUP" and the content is "Employee".
>>
>> We created a group into Syncope called MYGROUP and in the group we
>> defined a Dynamic group where the attribute.myrole == Employee, the
>> user is automatically assigned to the group.
>>
>> When we check the users, we can validate that they are correctly
>> assigned to the group MYGROUP.
>>
>> We perform some modification on the Database, we run again the pull,
>> but this time we see that from the Dashboard/Control/Available, we
>> see the pull still running, and also pushing on the Stop, the popup
>> will confirm us that the task has been performed correctly,
>
> It seems that the pull task has entered into some kind of error
> condition that cannot be stopped by the Quartz engine (an example
> could be some kind of blocking I/O operation).
>
>> but also restarting Syncope, the task will be still running.
>
> This is really odd: please try to
>
> 1. stop the Java EE container
> 2. check with ps if there is any hanging java process and kill -9 if so
> 3. start again the Java EE container
>
> I think the actual problem is, as said above, something that prevents
> the Java EE container to exit properly.
>
>> We are not able to run anymore any Pull, and we were forced to run a
>> restore of the database.
>>
>> What should be done to avoid this?
>
> [1]
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6bef9e8a38a3635fe5144935e92f188a8b5b7032f8b3814de6f94e35@%3Cuser.syncope.apache.org%3E
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dynamic role - the task remains blocked

ilgrosso
Administrator
On 01/03/2017 15:08, Tech wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thank you for your feedback.
>
> As described, we stopped already the AS and we restarted, but the
> process was continuing to turn.

And did you check if there was any zombie java process around, after
stopping and *before* starting again?

> The only solution it was to restore the database, but we know that
> this situation it will repeat for sure, that's why we would like to
> find a solution

As usual, you need to investigate in the logs what is the actual source
for the error, possibly trying to isolate as much as possible what makes
the system unstable.

Regards.

> On 01/03/17 14:57, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am assuming that this e-mail is a duplicate of [1]: correct?
>>
>> See my replies below.
>> Regards.
>>
>> On 01/03/2017 10:35, Tech wrote:
>>> Dear experts,
>>>
>>> we want to report you something we detected in the Syncope-Console.
>>>
>>> We are importing some information from a database where a column is
>>> called "MYGROUP" and the content is "Employee".
>>>
>>> We created a group into Syncope called MYGROUP and in the group we
>>> defined a Dynamic group where the attribute.myrole == Employee, the
>>> user is automatically assigned to the group.
>>>
>>> When we check the users, we can validate that they are correctly
>>> assigned to the group MYGROUP.
>>>
>>> We perform some modification on the Database, we run again the pull,
>>> but this time we see that from the Dashboard/Control/Available, we
>>> see the pull still running, and also pushing on the Stop, the popup
>>> will confirm us that the task has been performed correctly,
>>
>> It seems that the pull task has entered into some kind of error
>> condition that cannot be stopped by the Quartz engine (an example
>> could be some kind of blocking I/O operation).
>>
>>> but also restarting Syncope, the task will be still running.
>>
>> This is really odd: please try to
>>
>> 1. stop the Java EE container
>> 2. check with ps if there is any hanging java process and kill -9 if so
>> 3. start again the Java EE container
>>
>> I think the actual problem is, as said above, something that prevents
>> the Java EE container to exit properly.
>>
>>> We are not able to run anymore any Pull, and we were forced to run a
>>> restore of the database.
>>>
>>> What should be done to avoid this?
>>
>> [1]
>> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6bef9e8a38a3635fe5144935e92f188a8b5b7032f8b3814de6f94e35@%3Cuser.syncope.apache.org%3E

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

Member at The Apache Software Foundation
Syncope, Cocoon, Olingo, CXF, OpenJPA, PonyMail
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Loading...