External resource not associated to entry after pull

External resource not associated to entry after pull

Jonas Israelsson

Greetings.

I have noticed that all my users pulled from my directory service is in syncope missing the external resource. If manually adding it to a user, the connection is found (status Enabled)  and everything is happy clappy.

What controls this relation to the external resource ? I have checked and double checked against a vanilla standalone installation, and fail to find any differences.

One more thing, not sure if related or not. There are in a standalone installation quite a few mystical attributes such as mderived_dx,  mderived_sx do these have any internal purpose and should not be removed from say user and group AnyTypeClasses ?

Fail to find any info about those attributes in the documentation.
TIA

Brgds,

Jonas

Re: External resource not associated to entry after pull

On 06/09/2016 23:42, Jonas Israelsson wrote:

Greetings.

I have noticed that all my users pulled from my directory service is in syncope missing the external resource. If manually adding it to a user, the connection is found (status Enabled)  and everything is happy clappy.

What controls this relation to the external resource ? I have checked and double checked against a vanilla standalone installation, and fail to find any differences.

When pulling users from an external resource, you need to assign such external resource to that users if you want to propagate back any change from Syncope. You can automate this task as explained in

https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#pull-templates

One more thing, not sure if related or not. There are in a standalone installation quite a few mystical attributes such as mderived_dx,  mderived_sx do these have any internal purpose and should not be removed from say user and group AnyTypeClasses ?

Fail to find any info about those attributes in the documentation.

As reported in

https://syncope.apache.org/docs/getting-started.html#standalone

the standalone distribution is *only meant for evaluation*, *not for production*: it is full of sample data and resources, even test LDAP and DBMS servers.

If you are planning for production use, please choose one of the other available distributions: GUI installer, Debian packages or (best if you plan any customization) Maven project from archetype.

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC,
CXF Committer, OpenJPA Committer, PonyMail PPMC