Install Syncope

Anas  Asharat

Dears,

I hope my email find you well.

Am new with Syncope, I tried to install Syncope  2.0.1 with oracle database, I face installation failure every time I tried to install the application.

Can you help me or give document with installing syncope with oracle database?

I used the below document:

https://syncope.apache.org/downloads.html

Much Appreciate.

Best Regards

Anas Sharat

Technical Consultant

M Jordan +962 788 887585  email: [hidden email]

Omnix International | Public Services Solutions

238 Arar St. | P.O. Box 143358 Amman 11814, Jordan.

T +962 6 567 7051/ 52/ 53  F +962 6 567 7055
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Omnix Community

www.omnix-group.com

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. It is intended only for the addressee or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee. If you receive this e-mail in error please telephone the sender immediately. You should not disclose the contents of this e-mail to any other person and no copies should be made. Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission opening or use of this message and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by Omnix International LLC in this regard and the recipient should carry out such virus and other checks as it considers appropriate

This e-mail may contain information that is proprietary, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only. If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately. You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Re: Install Syncope

mdisabatino

Hi,

Il 30/01/2017 16:45, Anas Asharat ha scritto:

Dears,

I hope my email find you well.

Am new with Syncope, I tried to install Syncope  2.0.1 with oracle database, I face installation failure every time I tried to install the application.

Can you help me or give document with installing syncope with oracle database?

You're looking at the old guide (Syncope 1.2). If you're using Apache Syncope 2.0.1 you can find the documentation here [1]
To install Syncope with Oracle take a look at the reference guide [2].

Regards

[1] https://syncope.apache.org/docs/
[2] https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#oracle-database

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Install+Syncope+from+installer

              cid:image001.png@01CE3EAD.D38BEC70

--
Dott. Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro
Tel. +39 3939065570

Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale D'Annunzio 267 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

Apache Syncope PMC Member
http://people.apache.org/~mdisabatino/

RE: Install Syncope

Anas  Asharat

Dears,

Thanks for your reply, but really still not working.

In the installation document I see 3 approach for installation:

1-      Stand alone

2-      Debian packages

3-      GUI Installer

Which one can configured with oracle database, and which one can be used for production environment?

I need one clear documnet for all installation steps, am still confused with installation.

Thank you again for fast reply,

Regard,

Anas Sharat

[...]

Also I have one question, can you send me the certificate sheet for syncope with OS, oracle database release, etc..

Regard,

Anas Sharat

On 31/01/2017 10:02, Anas Asharat wrote:

Dears,

Thanks for your reply, but really still not working.

In the installation document I see 3 approach for installation:

1-      Stand alone

http://syncope.apache.org/docs/getting-started.html#standalone

As the doc says, "Not meant for any production environment."

2-      Debian packages

http://syncope.apache.org/docs/getting-started.html#debian-packages

This is bound to Debian / Ubuntu and PostgreSQL, no Oracle.

3-      GUI Installer

http://syncope.apache.org/docs/getting-started.html#gui-installer

As the doc says, "Getting up and running quickly on any supported DBMS and Java EE container, independently from the underlying operating system."

So, this supports Oracle.

Which one can configured with oracle database, and which one can be used for production environment?

Out of the 3 above, the last one (GUI Installer).

I need one clear documnet for all installation steps, am still confused with installation.

I hope that the indications above make things a bit more clear.

Regards.

On 31/01/2017 10:10, Anas Asharat wrote:

Dears,

Also I have one question, can you send me the certificate sheet for syncope with OS, oracle database release, etc..

Hi,
there is no "certificate sheet"; about DBMS, you need to trust the community documentation:

http://syncope.apache.org/docs/getting-started.html#internal-storage

About OS, anything modern enough to satisfy Java / Java EE container requirements:

http://syncope.apache.org/docs/getting-started.html#java

will work.

RE: Install Syncope

Anas  Asharat

Thank you dear,

Ok I see the document but I have question here,

The below steps should be done before or after installation? Since no such file now, but I think I can find them after installation.

Oracle

jpa.driverClassName=oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

jpa.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:orcl

jpa.username=syncope

jpa.password=syncope

jpa.dialect=org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.OracleDictionary

jpa.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1 FROM DUAL

#note: other connection pool settings can also be configured here, see persistenceContext.xml

quartz.jobstore=org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.oracle.OracleDelegate

quartz.sql=tables_oracle.sql

audit.sql=audit_oracle.sql

database.schema=SYNCOPE

This assumes that you have an Oracle instance running on localhost, listening on its default port 1521 with a database syncope under tablespace SYNCOPE fully accessible by user syncope with password syncope.

You will also need to

1.       create directory

core/src/main/resources/META-INF

  1. download Oracle mapping file for the version you are building (1_2_X, 1.1.X, 1.0.X)

3.       rename it to

orm.xml

4.       and copy it under the directory created above

also what document mean with oracle tablespace ? mean the default tablesapce for the user?

[...]

Kindly note I faced error in syncope installation “core deploy failed”, please check attached files for more information.

Please advise,

Thanks and regard,

Anas Sharat

Capture.PNG (122K) Download Attachment
install.log (20K) Download Attachment

Re: Install Syncope

On 31/01/2017 11:09, Anas Asharat wrote:

Thank you dear,

Ok I see the document but I have question here,

The below steps should be done before or after installation? Since no such file now, but I think I can find them after installation.

The steps below are due when using the Maven project (another installation method), and are automatically performed on your behalf by the GUI installer.

[...]

The tablespace in which you have created the database that Syncope will use, possibly the default for the user.

Regards.

On 31/01/2017 11:39, Anas Asharat wrote:

Dear,

Kindly note I faced error in syncope installation “core deploy failed”, please check attached files for more information.

Have you verified to met all the prerequisites:

https://syncope.apache.org/docs/getting-started.html#installer-prerequisites

? In particular, about the Tomcat users under

$CATALINA_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml

Regards.

RE: Install Syncope

Anas  Asharat

Dear ,

I already added it to tomcat-users.xml file as below show below,

Can you please send me your phone number or skype id or any communication tools to speed up the process  please.?

This e-mail may contain information that is proprietary, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only. If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately. You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

RE: Install Syncope

Anas  Asharat

Dear Francesco,

Thank you, I successfully install the application, but still can’t access any URL.

Also no user connected to oracle database, please check attached file.

Please advise.

Regard,

Anas Sharat

Capture.PNG (164K) Download Attachment