Label on custom attributes

Tech

Dear all,

we need to create custom attributes in Syncope, but we realized the correspondence 1:1 with Key/Column/Label.

For example we might need to display some attributes that should not be read necessary in English and that could contain accents.

For example we imagine something like this:

firstname: {

    "lang":"en" {

        "value":"Name"

    },

    "lang":"fr": {

        "value":"Prénom"

    }

}

In this case we could keep a stick reference for the name, in our case "firstname", but after display in a different way (and language) and being able to implement also accents: is there a way to do it?

Thanks!

Re: Label on custom attributes

On 18/01/2017 13:40, Tech wrote:

Dear all,

we need to create custom attributes in Syncope, but we realized the correspondence 1:1 with Key/Column/Label.

For example we might need to display some attributes that should not be read necessary in English and that could contain accents.

For example we imagine something like this:

firstname: {

    "lang":"en" {

        "value":"Name"

    },

    "lang":"fr": {

        "value":"Prénom"

    }

}

In this case we could keep a stick reference for the name, in our case "firstname", but after display in a different way (and language) and being able to implement also accents: is there a way to do it?

The EndUser UI already provides translation features: take a look at the JSON files available under

enduser/src/main/webapp/app/languages/

You have a directory for each language available, and two files in each directory: 'static.json' for application messages and 'dynamic.json' for labels (including attributes).

HTH

On 18/01/2017 13:40, Tech wrote:

[...]

I have added this information (and a bit more) to the reference guide:

https://ci.apache.org/projects/syncope/reference-guide.html#customization-enduser-translations