Re: [syncope-users] Re: How to Install Syncope

12

Re: [syncope-users] Re: How to Install Syncope

Sajid Akhtar
Hi,

We can access the console web interface but it is still showing following error.

"Alert: Session expired: please login again."

We have modified pom.xml from console as well as core now but still not getting syncope logs.

2011/5/25 Francesco Chicchiriccò <[hidden email]>
On 25/05/2011 14:28, Karthik Perath wrote:
Hi

We've done the changes as mentioned in the last discussion.

Is the system working now? Can you access the console web interface and log in?

Also, we modified pom.xml to redirect logs to point to new custom log directory in our windows machine.

From the files you've sent to me, you only modified console/pom.xml. while you should have instead modified core/pom.xml as well.

We are not able to redirect the logs and now we are getting some errors in tomcat logs.

The errors I've seen in the logs are related to the fact that Tomcat is trying to persist your session: this exception is harmless, but if you want you can remove it by doing as reported in [2]

Cheers.

[2] http://www.unicon.net/node/608

2011/5/25 Francesco Chicchiriccò <[hidden email]>
On 25/05/2011 13:48, PK wrote:
I will copy ojdbc16.jar file in $CATALINA_HOME/lib.

Perfect.

Can you explain more on this  "You will also need to define a JDBC
Datasource - called syncopeDataSource - in your servlet container's
configuration, and provide the needed JDBC driver. "
How to define syncopeDataSource in servlet container's configuration?
I am using apache tomcat 7.0.14.

Creating a Datasource is not mandatory but makes your deployment more stable, fast and scalable.

All you have to do is basically add the following element in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/context.xml, right before </Context>:
<Resource name="jdbc/syncopeDatasource" auth="Container"
              type="javax.sql.DataSource" driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
              url=[hidden email]
              username="scott" password="tiger" maxActive="20" maxIdle="10"
              maxWait="-1"/>

You can read more details about this in [1].

Cheers.

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

--
Thanks and Regards

Sajid Akhtar

Mobile:  +91 9886 080 641 (India) , +234 7052 114 369 (Nigeria)

“No matter where you are in life right now, no matter who you are, no matter how old you are – it is never too late to be who you are meant to be.” – Esther & Jerry Hicks

On 25/05/2011 15:06, Sajid Akhtar wrote:
Hi,

We can access the console web interface but it is still showing following error.

"Alert: Session expired: please login again."

Ok, this is a symptom that the core is not deployed correctly or that the console cannot contact the core.

Please reply just below each of my questions in the following, thanks.

Pick up your browser and go to http://hostname:port/syncope/rest/schema/user/list.xml: does an authentication window pops up? If so, provide "admin" / "password": you should be able to see an XML document.

Did you create the file console/src/main/resource/configuration.properties as outlined in https://code.google.com/p/syncope/wiki/GettingStarted#Real-world?

We have modified pom.xml from console as well as core now but still not getting syncope logs.

Did you rebuild and redeploy everything after modifying the two pom.xml files?

Can you just past here the way how you changed the content of the two pom.xml files?

2011/5/25 Francesco Chicchiriccò <[hidden email]>
On 25/05/2011 14:28, Karthik Perath wrote:
Hi

We've done the changes as mentioned in the last discussion.

Is the system working now? Can you access the console web interface and log in?

Also, we modified pom.xml to redirect logs to point to new custom log directory in our windows machine.

From the files you've sent to me, you only modified console/pom.xml. while you should have instead modified core/pom.xml as well.

On 25/05/2011 13:48, PK wrote:
[...]

Please find inline my ans

2011/5/25 Francesco Chicchiriccò <[hidden email]>
On 25/05/2011 15:06, Sajid Akhtar wrote:
Hi,

We can access the console web interface but it is still showing following error.

"Alert: Session expired: please login again."

Ok, this is a symptom that the core is not deployed correctly or that the console cannot contact the core.

[Sajid] How can we check if the core deployment has some problem?

Please reply just below each of my questions in the following, thanks.

Pick up your browser and go to http://hostname:port/syncope/rest/schema/user/list.xml: does an authentication window pops up? If so, provide "admin" / "password": you should be able to see an XML document.

[Sajid] The authentication window does not popup it throws error." The requested resource (/syncope/rest/schema/user/list.xml) is not available."
The login window comes when I use this url : http://localhost:8080/console-1.0-SNAPSHOT/

[Sajid] Yes I created the  configuration.properties with content baseURL=http://localhost:8080/syncope/rest/

We have modified pom.xml from console as well as core now but still not getting syncope logs.

Did you rebuild and redeploy everything after modifying the two pom.xml files?
[Sajid] We have rebuild the package after modifying core and console pom.xml and redeployed the new war generated in tomcat.

Can you just past here the way how you changed the content of the two pom.xml files?

[Sajid] We have modified the pom as follows
<properties>
        <hsqldb.version>2.0.0</hsqldb.version>
        <connid.soap.version>1.0</connid.soap.version>
        <connid.db.table.version>1.1</connid.db.table.version>

        <logfile>C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.14\logs\syncope-console.log</logfile>
        <logfile.test>C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.14\logs\syncope-console-test.log</logfile.test>

        <cargo.servlet.port>9080</cargo.servlet.port>
        <cargo.log>C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.14\logs\syncope-core-cargo.log</cargo.log>
        <cargo.output>C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.14\logs\syncope-core-cargo-output.log</cargo.output>

        <bundles.directory>C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.14\logs\bundles</bundles.directory>
    </properties>

2011/5/25 Francesco Chicchiriccò <[hidden email]>
On 25/05/2011 14:28, Karthik Perath wrote:
Hi

We've done the changes as mentioned in the last discussion.

Is the system working now? Can you access the console web interface and log in?

Also, we modified pom.xml to redirect logs to point to new custom log directory in our windows machine.

From the files you've sent to me, you only modified console/pom.xml. while you should have instead modified core/pom.xml as well.

On 25/05/2011 13:48, PK wrote:
[...]

On 25/05/2011 15:41, Sajid Akhtar wrote:
HI,

Please find inline my ans

2011/5/25 Francesco Chicchiriccò <[hidden email]>
On 25/05/2011 15:06, Sajid Akhtar wrote:
Hi,

We can access the console web interface but it is still showing following error.

"Alert: Session expired: please login again."

Ok, this is a symptom that the core is not deployed correctly or that the console cannot contact the core.

[Sajid] How can we check if the core deployment has some problem?

By replying to the questions below ;-)

Please reply just below each of my questions in the following, thanks.

Pick up your browser and go to http://hostname:port/syncope/rest/schema/user/list.xml: does an authentication window pops up? If so, provide "admin" / "password": you should be able to see an XML document.

[Sajid] The authentication window does not popup it throws error." The requested resource (/syncope/rest/schema/user/list.xml) is not available."

I can understand now that you have a different deployment URI, from your messages, most likely because you've just dropped the WAR files into Tomcat's webapps directory.

But core's WAR file name depends on the name you given to your project: I assume that you have a file called MYPROJECT-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war under core/target: please adapt the following URL according to your actual name.

Please check http://localhost:8080/MYPROJECT-1.0-SNAPSHOT/rest/schema/user/list.xml instead.

The login window comes when I use this url : http://localhost:8080/console-1.0-SNAPSHOT/

Actually this is a login page: from the URL above, instead, a popup window should appear.

If the test above has succeeded (the one for the XML file), you must put here instead http://localhost:8080/MYPROJECT-1.0-SNAPSHOT:8080/rest/.

We have modified pom.xml from console as well as core now but still not getting syncope logs.

Did you rebuild and redeploy everything after modifying the two pom.xml files?
[Sajid] We have rebuild the package after modifying core and console pom.xml and redeployed the new war generated in tomcat.

This looks correct.

Can you just past here the way how you changed the content of the two pom.xml files?

[Sajid] We have modified the pom as follows
<properties>
        <hsqldb.version>2.0.0</hsqldb.version>
        <connid.soap.version>1.0</connid.soap.version>
        <connid.db.table.version>1.1</connid.db.table.version>

        <logfile>C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.14\logs\syncope-console.log</logfile>
        <logfile.test>C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.14\logs\syncope-console-test.log</logfile.test>

        <cargo.servlet.port>9080</cargo.servlet.port>
        <cargo.log>C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.14\logs\syncope-core-cargo.log</cargo.log>
        <cargo.output>C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.14\logs\syncope-core-cargo-output.log</cargo.output>

        <bundles.directory>C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.14\logs\bundles</bundles.directory>
    </properties>

This is only for the console's pom.xml: where are the modifications for core's pom.xml?

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

[syncope-users] Re: How to Install Syncope

Karthik Perath
Hi Good Morning.

I have a doubt.

In our database schema "orcl1" we found some tables like "Sync*". We
are not sure when these tables are created.

Can you tell us how and when these tables are created?

Thanks

On 26/05/2011 09:22, PK wrote:
> Hi Good Morning.
>
> I have a doubt.
>
> In our database schema "orcl1" we found some tables like "Sync*". We
> are not sure when these tables are created.
>
> Can you tell us how and when these tables are created?

Tables (and views) are created when the core webapp initializes the
first time, if the given database is empty.
Those tables are also populated with default content.

You can shut down tomcat, erase all tables and views from the database,
start tomcat again and see tables and views created again.

Did you finally succeed in installing syncope core and console?

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

Re: [syncope-users] Re: How to Install Syncope

Sajid Akhtar

We are still having the same deployment issue.

We noticed that core deployment is failing. Please find attached all pom and logs being used in our environment.

Note:
  •  using tomcat defualt port 8080. do we need to make any modification anywhere in pom?
  •  created a user syncope in orcl schema in Oracle 10g database.
  •  copied ojdbc6.jar in C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.14\lib
  • deployed directly on webapp folder console-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war and myproject-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war

syncope_error.zip (29K) Download Attachment

Re: [syncope-users] Re: How to Install Syncope

On 26/05/2011 09:33, Sajid Akhtar wrote:
Hi,

We are still having the same deployment issue.

We noticed that core deployment is failing. Please find attached all pom and logs being used in our environment.

Note:
  •  using tomcat defualt port 8080. do we need to make any modification anywhere in pom?

No: port 9080 is used only for the quick deployment mode, while you are running real-world Tomcat deployment.

  •  created a user syncope in orcl schema in Oracle 10g database.
  •  copied ojdbc6.jar in C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.14\lib
  • deployed directly on webapp folder console-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war and myproject-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war

Please replace the attached persistence.properties in your sources, recompile, redeploy and try to access

http://localhost:8080/myproject-1.0-SNAPSHOT/rest/schema/user/list.xml

From Tomcat's log files I could see that the problem was related to the fact that Spring could not parse your persistence.properties because all the variables were defined on a single line. Wrong.

persistence.properties (480 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [syncope-users] Re: How to Install Syncope

Karthik Perath
Hi

We are still not able to install.

When we try to login to the console it still says "Session Expired. Please Login Again"

Attached are the syncope logs. Please Check.

Note: We are able to see the tables in DB schema

Thanks for your help!

2011/5/26 Francesco Chicchiriccò <[hidden email]>
On 26/05/2011 09:33, Sajid Akhtar wrote:
Hi,

We are still having the same deployment issue.

We noticed that core deployment is failing. Please find attached all pom and logs being used in our environment.

Note:
  •  using tomcat defualt port 8080. do we need to make any modification anywhere in pom?

No: port 9080 is used only for the quick deployment mode, while you are running real-world Tomcat deployment.

  •  created a user syncope in orcl schema in Oracle 10g database.
  •  copied ojdbc6.jar in C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.14\lib
  • deployed directly on webapp folder console-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war and myproject-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war

Please replace the attached persistence.properties in your sources, recompile, redeploy and try to access

http://localhost:8080/myproject-1.0-SNAPSHOT/rest/schema/user/list.xml

From Tomcat's log files I could see that the problem was related to the fact that Spring could not parse your persistence.properties because all the variables were defined on a single line. Wrong.

syncope_logs_26_05.rar (28K) Download Attachment

On 26/05/2011 11:09, Karthik Perath wrote:
Hi

We are still not able to install.

When we try to login to the console it still says "Session Expired. Please Login Again"

Attached are the syncope logs. Please Check.

From the logs, I can deduct that:
  1. you've been able to produce syncope log files (yeah!)
  2. you've been able to make the core up and running (but did you try to access the URL that I've indicated below, i.e. http://localhost:8080/myproject-1.0-SNAPSHOT/rest/schema/user/list.xml? Please reply to this)
  3. there is still some problem with the DataSource since I still see messages like "Could not load JDBC driver class [oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver]": are you sure you have ojdbc6.jar only in $CATALINA_HOME/lib?
  4. the console is still not configured with the correct core HTTP base URL (and that is the reason of the "session expired" above)
In order to solve (4) I absolutely need to know the answer of (2).

[...]

From Tomcat's log files I could see that the problem was related to the fact that Spring could not parse your persistence.properties because all the variables were defined on a single line. Wrong.

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

Re: [syncope-users] Re: How to Install Syncope

Karthik Perath
Hi

Please find my answers below.

you've been able to make the core up and running (but did you try to access the URL that I've indicated below, i.e. http://localhost:8080/myproject-1.0-SNAPSHOT/rest/schema/user/list.xml --

Yes, after entering the credentials it says "Access Denied".

there is still some problem with the DataSource since I still see messages like "Could not load JDBC driver class [oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver]": are you sure you have ojdbc6.jar only in $CATALINA_HOME/lib?

We are able to see Syncope related tables in DB schema.

the console is still not configured with the correct core HTTP base URL (and that is the reason of the "session expired" above)

Base URL in our environment is "baseURL=http://localhost:8080/syncope/rest/"

We are not able to see syncope/rest folders under the root folder of our servlet container. Please confirm.

Thanks

2011/5/26 Francesco Chicchiriccò <[hidden email]>
On 26/05/2011 11:09, Karthik Perath wrote:
Hi

We are still not able to install.

When we try to login to the console it still says "Session Expired. Please Login Again"

Attached are the syncope logs. Please Check.

From the logs, I can deduct that:
[...]

From Tomcat's log files I could see that the problem was related to the fact that Spring could not parse your persistence.properties because all the variables were defined on a single line. Wrong.

On 26/05/2011 11:38, Karthik Perath wrote:
Hi

Please find my answers below.

you've been able to make the core up and running (but did you try to access the URL that I've indicated below, i.e. http://localhost:8080/myproject-1.0-SNAPSHOT/rest/schema/user/list.xml --

Yes, after entering the credentials it says "Access Denied".

This means that the access URL is correct, but also that there is some issue, probably with the database content.

there is still some problem with the DataSource since I still see messages like "Could not load JDBC driver class [oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver]": are you sure you have ojdbc6.jar only in $CATALINA_HOME/lib?

We are able to see Syncope related tables in DB schema.

Can you please see if there are actually some rows in the SyncopeConf table?
Anyway, please stop Tomcat, remove all the tables and views from the database and restart Tomcat.

the console is still not configured with the correct core HTTP base URL (and that is the reason of the "session expired" above)

Base URL in our environment is "baseURL=http://localhost:8080/syncope/rest/"

This is wrong: given the URL you've accessed above, this must be

baseURL=http://localhost:8080/myproject-1.0-SNAPSHOT/rest/

We are not able to see syncope/rest folders under the root folder of our servlet container. Please confirm.

This is working in the way it should go:
  1. syncope/ is not your context (yours is myproject-1.0-SNAPSHOT)
  2. rest/ is a service mapping, not a folder
2011/5/26 Francesco Chicchiriccò <[hidden email]>
On 26/05/2011 11:09, Karthik Perath wrote:
Hi

We are still not able to install.

When we try to login to the console it still says "Session Expired. Please Login Again"

Attached are the syncope logs. Please Check.

From the logs, I can deduct that:
[...]

From Tomcat's log files I could see that the problem was related to the fact that Spring could not parse your persistence.properties because all the variables were defined on a single line. Wrong.

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

Re: [syncope-users] Re: How to Install Syncope

Karthik Perath

This is the Base URL

 baseURL=http://localhost:8080/console-1.0-SNAPSHOT/rest/

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Karthik Perath <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

From the logs, I can deduct that:
[...]

From Tomcat's log files I could see that the problem was related to the fact that Spring could not parse your persistence.properties because all the variables were defined on a single line. Wrong.

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

Re: [syncope-users] Re: How to Install Syncope

Karthik Perath
This is the baseURL

baseURL=http://localhost:8080/SyncopeID-1.0-SNAPSHOT/rest/

Can you please see if there are actually some rows in the SyncopeConf table?

Yes we are able to see rows in SyncopeConf table.

Thanks

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Karthik Perath <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

From the logs, I can deduct that:
[...]

From Tomcat's log files I could see that the problem was related to the fact that Spring could not parse your persistence.properties because all the variables were defined on a single line. Wrong.

Il 26/05/2011 11:58, Karthik Perath ha scritto:
This is the baseURL

baseURL=http://localhost:8080/SyncopeID-1.0-SNAPSHOT/rest/

Can you please see if there are actually some rows in the SyncopeConf table?

Yes we are able to see rows in SyncopeConf table.

Ok: this is the reason why the right content is not loaded: please proceed as I've indicated below by stopping Tomcat, removing all the tables and views from the database and restarting Tomcat.

[...]

From the logs, I can deduct that:
[...]

From Tomcat's log files I could see that the problem was related to the fact that Spring could not parse your persistence.properties because all the variables were defined on a single line. Wrong.

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

Re: [syncope-users] Re: How to Install Syncope

Karthik Perath
Hi

We've removed the tables and views and restarted the tomcat. But issue is still the same.

Attached are the logs.

Please help.

Thanks

[...]

From the logs, I can deduct that:
[...]

From Tomcat's log files I could see that the problem was related to the fact that Spring could not parse your persistence.properties because all the variables were defined on a single line. Wrong.

apache_logs.rar (2K) Download Attachment
syncope_logs.rar (19K) Download Attachment

On 26/05/2011 12:20, Karthik Perath wrote:
Hi

We've removed the tables and views and restarted the tomcat. But issue is still the same.

Actually you did not remove tables and views: in syncope-core.log I only see

Data found in the database, leaving untouched

while another message should appear

Empty database found, loading default content

So, the situation is now that the core is working well but without default data (among these, the entitlements). The console is correctly contacting the core, the admin user is authenticated but with no entitlements, so the result is 401 unauthorized.

Once you'll get the default content in place, everything should finally start working.

Cheers.

[...]

From the logs, I can deduct that:
[...]

From Tomcat's log files I could see that the problem was related to the fact that Spring could not parse your persistence.properties because all the variables were defined on a single line. Wrong.

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

Re: [syncope-users] Re: How to Install Syncope

Sajid Akhtar
Hi,

We deleted that user and recreated another user user with same name.
We restarted the tomcat application, new schema was created under new user account but still admin is not able to login. Find attached the logs collected and also the GUI responses we received.

Appreciate your help in fixing this issue.

[...]

From the logs, I can deduct that:
[...]

From Tomcat's log files I could see that the problem was related to the fact that Spring could not parse your persistence.properties because all the variables were defined on a single line. Wrong.

logs.zip (562K) Download Attachment

Il 26/05/2011 13:45, Sajid Akhtar ha scritto:
Hi,

We deleted that user and recreated another user user with same name.

Now I can see from your logs:

Empty database found, loading default content.

This is fine (file syncope-core-persistence.log) but immediately after I can see an exception:

While loading default content: org.dbunit.dataset.DataSetException: Line 2: Content is not allowed in prolog

Did you create your own content.xml? If so, could you please post it here? It is located in core/src/main/resources.

[...]

From the logs, I can deduct that:
[...]

From Tomcat's log files I could see that the problem was related to the fact that Spring could not parse your persistence.properties because all the variables were defined on a single line. Wrong.

[...]

I used the default one. Please find attached the content.xml

[...]

From the logs, I can deduct that:
[...]

From Tomcat's log files I could see that the problem was related to the fact that Spring could not parse your persistence.properties because all the variables were defined on a single line. Wrong.

[...]

content.xml (7K) Download Attachment
12