Role Synchronization with DB Backend possible?

Role Synchronization with DB Backend possible?

Jan Bernhardt

Hi Syncope-Users,

today I published an article about how to do user synchronization in Syncope with a Database (H2) backend:

https://janbernhardt.blogspot.de/2016/09/syncope-user-synchronisation-with.html

However, I could not figure out how to synchronize my roles which are stored in a second database table.

Is this really a missing feature, or did I miss the required configuration settings?

Best regards

Jan

Re: Role Synchronization with DB Backend possible?

mdisabatino

Hi Jan

Il 01/09/2016 16:51, Jan Bernhardt ha scritto:

Hi Syncope-Users,

today I published an article about how to do user synchronization in Syncope with a Database (H2) backend:

https://janbernhardt.blogspot.de/2016/09/syncope-user-synchronisation-with.html

However, I could not figure out how to synchronize my roles which are stored in a second database table.

Is this really a missing feature, or did I miss the required configuration settings?

The database connector doesn't allow to sync roles.
To synchronize roles from a database you must use the Scripted DB Connector. In many of our projects we used the scripted db to implement this type of use case.

Unlike Syncope 1.2.X, on Syncope 2.0 tests you can find a sample[1] where we go to sync printers.

Regards
Marco

[1] https://github.com/apache/syncope/tree/master/fit/core-reference/src/test/resources/scriptedsql

Best regards

Jan

--
Dott. Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro
Tel. +39 3939065570

Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale D'Annunzio 267 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

Apache Syncope PMC Member
http://people.apache.org/~mdisabatino/

AW: Role Synchronization with DB Backend possible?

Jan Bernhardt

Many thanks for your feedback on this mailing list as well as on my blog!!

Looks like that I have to learn some more about the Scripted SQL connectors.