Schema types - Non-Editable and Hidden fields

Schema types - Non-Editable and Hidden fields

Tech

Dear Experts,

We want to associate some custom fields to a user and we were wondering if:

1) a field could be visible for the user but not editable, for example the First/Last names.

We saw from the console the option to make not-editable, but, after checking this flag, also the administrator is prevented by edit this field.

Is there a way to let the administrator to update these information without temporary uncheck the flag or modifying the information directly in the DB?

2) a field should be present and linked to the user, for example we might need a technical information like a copy of the ObjectGUID, but we don't want to display this to the user, is it possible to keep it hidden by the user, but visible from the Console?

Thanks

Re: Schema types - Non-Editable and Hidden fields

andrea patricelli

Hi,

please see my responses inline (as usual :) ).

Il 08/02/2017 12:03, Tech ha scritto:

Dear Experts,

We want to associate some custom fields to a user and we were wondering if:

1) a field could be visible for the user but not editable, for example the First/Last names.

We saw from the console the option to make not-editable, but, after checking this flag, also the administrator is prevented by edit this field.

Is there a way to let the administrator to update these information without temporary uncheck the flag or modifying the information directly in the DB?

the aim of read-only flag is not a mere console configuration, but, instead, it defines
" whether value(s) for this schema are modifiable only via internal code (say workflow tasks) or can be instead provided during ordinary provisioning"

as stated at [1].

2) a field should be present and linked to the user, for example we might need a technical information like a copy of the ObjectGUID, but we don't want to display this to the user, is it possible to keep it hidden by the user, but visible from the Console?

Yes, you could implement 2 quite simply in the Enduser Console when this issue [2] will be solved. At the moment this is doable, but with a bit more programming effort on JS files of Enduser Console application.
On the other hand keep in mind that such modifications on the Enduser Console will not be reflected on the administration console, though you can customize some features of admin console create/update wizard form through advanced settings.

Thanks

Welcome and best regards,
Andrea

[1] https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#schema
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-1009

--
Andrea Patricelli

PMC member at The Apache Software Foundation
Syncope