Syncope domain concept

Changseok Keum

Hello,
Nice to e-meet you first.

I am a developer who is really interested in Apache Syncope project for Identity Management solution.

Thanks for the well-documented guide and DEMO components,
It is not tough for understanding Syncope system I think :)

The thing that I want to understand for the detail is DOMAIN concept. So, could you let me know how to login 'Two' domain on the DEMO site below?

syncope-vm.apache.org:9080/syncope-console/login

BR,
Changseok Keum

Re: Syncope domain concept

On 15/11/2016 00:13, Changseok Keum wrote:

Hello,
Nice to e-meet you first.

I am a developer who is really interested in Apache Syncope project for Identity Management solution.

Thanks for the well-documented guide and DEMO components,
It is not tough for understanding Syncope system I think :)

The thing that I want to understand for the detail is DOMAIN concept. So, could you let me know how to login 'Two' domain on the DEMO site below?

syncope-vm.apache.org:9080/syncope-console/login

Hi,
first of all, thanks for your appreciation.

You have probably already found [1] which explains that Domains are the Syncope way to multi-tenancy.

About exploiting domains with the public demo, you can log into the Two domain with admin / password2 credentials.

I will update

http://syncope.apache.org/demo.html

soon accordingly.

Regards.

[1] http://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#domains

Re: Syncope domain concept

Changseok Keum

Hi,

It is greatly appreciated for the fast reply and I checked the updated guide you mentioned.

What I am actually digging deeply is how provisioning actions are working depends on Domains. Specifically, I want to know whether connectors, resources and tasks should be created on domains respectively or not(just Master domain).

I never want to bother you but be more familiar with Syncope system.

Thanks.

BR,
Changseok Keum

2016. 11. 15. 오후 2:53에 "Francesco Chicchiriccò" <[hidden email]>님이 작성:

On 15/11/2016 07:35, Changseok Keum wrote:

Hi,

It is greatly appreciated for the fast reply and I checked the updated guide you mentioned.

What I am actually digging deeply is how provisioning actions are working depends on Domains. Specifically, I want to know whether connectors, resources and tasks should be created on domains respectively or not(just Master domain).

You can think of domains as fully separated instances of Syncope: connectors, resources and all sort of configurations, users, groups and any objects - hence *everything* - is separated both conceptually (e.g. via REST and admin console) and physically, as every domain requires a distinct database, possibly a different DBMS.

Hope this clarifies.
Regards.

[...]

For the distinct database and creating the objects on the databases separately , the master admin should also exist on databases respectively I think. Is it right approach?

BR,

2016. 11. 15. 오후 3:43에 "Francesco Chicchiriccò" <[hidden email]>님이 작성:

On 15/11/2016 07:56, Changseok Keum wrote:

For the distinct database and creating the objects on the databases separately , the master admin should also exist on databases respectively I think. Is it right approach?

You can read here:

https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#domains-management

what it takes to add a new domain into an existing deployment.

The admin user of the Master domain is the only one allowed to set the password value for all other domain's admin users.

Essentially - at least in the current release - adding a new deployment implies making some changes in the Spring configuration and redeploying.

This can be improved, of course: I believe it is fairly possible to flawless extend the managed domains; simply, such feature is not there yet.

Regards.