Syncope getting stucked

Mohit Agrawal

Hi ,

We are seeing frequent syncope stuck (say after 2 days) in our testing. When we try to use authenticate API ( /users/self ) , we are seeing exception in the syncope logs. Could you please help us to identify what could be issue ?  I have attached syncope log with this email. I have attached the logs.

Regards,

Mohit

syncopelogs_onstuck.txt (61K) Download Attachment

Re: Syncope getting stucked

Andrea Patricelli-2

Hi Mohit,

I guess that you have deployed the Syncope application on a single machine. What version of Syncope are you using? On which Application server? After a restart does it come back to work?

Are you sure that machine hardware is good enough to host a Syncope application?

Best regards,
Andrea

--
Andrea Patricelli

Syncope

Re: Syncope getting stucked

Mohit Agrawal
Hi Andrea ,

Yes i have deployed it on single machine (just for testing our application), i am using the standalone version on tomcat 9 . Yes , after restart it works.

Do you think , this issue is related to memory (no space) ?

our machine configuration is t2.medium in AWS  (2 core, 2 GB RAM)
Syncope version : 2.0   (debian release)
We are limiting  "soft limit"  to 300 MB ( while configuring the instance )

We observed CPU and memory usage (reported by AWS)  and it is 22 % memory and CPU is less than 2 %

Thanks for your support.

Regards,
Mohit

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Andrea Patricelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Syncope

Re: Syncope getting stucked

Andrea Patricelli-2

Hi Mohit,

Il 10/03/2017 08:48, Mohit Agrawal ha scritto:
Hi Andrea ,

Yes i have deployed it on single machine (just for testing our application), i am using the standalone version on tomcat 9 . Yes , after restart it works.
How is it possible that you're using tomcat 9? The newest standalone (available at [1]) is a zipped file with embedded tomcat 8 (refer to [2]).

Do you think , this issue is related to memory (no space) ?

It could be. If you can try with a larger size it could be better, for example 4GB (more important than CPU) and 2-4 cores. First of all because the default db used by the standalone distribution is an in-memory H2 instance. Like described here [3].

[1] http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/syncope/2.0.2/syncope-standalone-2.0.2-distribution.zip
[2] https://syncope.apache.org/docs/getting-started.html#standalone
[3] https://syncope.apache.org/docs/getting-started.html#standalone-components

[...]

Syncope

Re: Syncope getting stucked

Mohit Agrawal
Hi ,

Thanks for your reply

Sorry for the confusion.

We are using debian release of Syncope  and for database, we have connected syncope to  AWS' RDS postgreSQL DB.

From the exception, it doesn't looks issue is because of shortage memory ( not getting exception when do alloc). Do you still feel it is because of memory limitation ?

What is this below line indicates ?

ERROR org.apache.syncope.client.console.widgets.AlertWidget - Unexpected error while checking for updated approval info

and

javax.ws.rs.ProcessingException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: SocketTimeoutException invoking http://localhost:8080/syncope/rest/userworkflow/forms: Read timed out

Thank you for your time

Regards,

Mohit

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 2:17 PM, Andrea Patricelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Syncope

Re: Syncope getting stucked

Andrea Patricelli-2
Ah ok, now is a bit clearer, thanks :)

If application starts is good, I suggested better hardware because 2GB are, maybe, the lower bound for memory.
Abou t the exceptions, they are too generic, I cannot give you a precise answer on what could be the reason of your problem.
Please check also other log files, especially core.log.
Moreover it could be also some environment issue (too many open files or other machine configurations or features).

Best regards,
Andrea

Il 10/03/2017 10:40, Mohit Agrawal ha scritto:
Hi ,

Thanks for your reply

Sorry for the confusion.

We are using debian release of Syncope  and for database, we have connected syncope to  AWS' RDS postgreSQL DB.

From the exception, it doesn't looks issue is because of shortage memory ( not getting exception when do alloc). Do you still feel it is because of memory limitation ?