Tasks synchronization

Tech

Dear experts,

We are trying to work on the process synchronization between two different resources.

We pull data from a resource and we push data to another resource

What we detected is this scenario that we tried to resolve using the "Priority", increasing it for example to 5 on resource2, but without success.

The scenario:

  • We create User1 in resource1, the resource is pulled to Syncope and created in resource2 (everything as expected)
  • We change the email to email1, syncope is registering the change as email1, nothing else happen.
  • We change the email to email2, syncope is registering the change as email2, but it's pushing email1 to resource2.
  • We change the email to email3, syncope is registering the change as email3, but it's pushing email2 to resource2.

How can we delay the propagation of the email to have them synchronized in all systems?

Re: Tasks synchronization

Fabio Martelli
Il 28/03/2017 11:48, Tech ha scritto:

Dear experts,

We are trying to work on the process synchronization between two different resources.

We pull data from a resource and we push data to another resource

What we detected is this scenario that we tried to resolve using the "Priority", increasing it for example to 5 on resource2, but without success.

Hi, priority does not influence your issue.

The scenario:

  • We create User1 in resource1, the resource is pulled to Syncope and created in resource2 (everything as expected)
  • We change the email to email1, syncope is registering the change as email1, nothing else happen.
  • We change the email to email2, syncope is registering the change as email2, but it's pushing email1 to resource2.
  • We change the email to email3, syncope is registering the change as email3, but it's pushing email2 to resource2.
This sounds really strange; maybe I didn't get the point.

How can we delay the propagation of the email to have them synchronized in all systems?

Why do you want to delay the propagation?
If I've well understood, you have configured a pull task to synchronize users from resource1.
Probably you provided a user template to assign resource2 to synchronized users, hadn't you?

The point is that the propagation occurs correctly per synchronized user but with data that you have before the synchronization is applied.
Is this correct?

Please, provide details about your configuration.
Regards,
F.

--
Fabio Martelli
https://it.linkedin.com/pub/fabio-martelli/1/974/a44

Apache Syncope PMC
http://people.apache.org/~fmartelli/

Re: Tasks synchronization

Tech

We didn't use any template to do this.

We just have a pull task taking information from a source.

Once the data are read, they should enter in Syncope

Once they are in Syncope, thanks to the Group, they should be propagate to the other system.

We thought that is something related with the priority, because we guessed that the system is pushing the content in the field before writing the updated information, but this is of course just a guess.

What information might you need?

Thanks