Windows server scripted sql + groovy

Mikael Ekblom

Hi,

We or I have been playing around with syncope for a while. I have a question now regarding a scripted sql resource and groovy. What we are trying to achieve here, is to get the student accounts over from our home grown student administration system.

The scripted sql connector bundle is available as per definition in the connid.properties file and is also available through the administrative panel. But, the log is complaining about the following:

“java.lang.IlegalArgumentException: Language not supported: GROOVY” when the script language is defined.

Some definition missing? I cannot pinpoint anything based on the documentation. I even tried to install groovy separately on the server itself, but it did not solve the problem. It would help a lot to get this done natively. Otherwise I need to implement another proxy repository for this task.

Regards,

     Mikael

Re: Windows server scripted sql + groovy

mdisabatino

Hi

Il 03/04/2017 12:44, Mikael Ekblom ha scritto:

Hi,

We or I have been playing around with syncope for a while. I have a question now regarding a scripted sql resource and groovy. What we are trying to achieve here, is to get the student accounts over from our home grown student administration system.

The scripted sql connector bundle is available as per definition in the connid.properties file and is also available through the administrative panel. But, the log is complaining about the following:

“java.lang.IlegalArgumentException: Language not supported: GROOVY” when the script language is defined.

Check if in your connector server instance the groovy-all jar is present. If not, try to copy it from Syncope in the connector server.

Regards

--
Dott. Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro
Tel. +39 3939065570

Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale D'Annunzio 267 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

Apache Syncope PMC Member
http://people.apache.org/~mdisabatino/

RE: Windows server scripted sql + groovy

Mikael Ekblom

Hi,

Ah, ok. The groovy-all.jar had to be moved into the syncope web-inf lib directory. So now we have two options: local file bundle and through the connid-server. Very well!

Another question by the way. We have our HR-system as a cloud solution. It will be configured as an external resource of course.

The thing now is that we are used to generate usernames according to an automated solution. We do not use firstname.lastname as the uid or samaccountname format.

A recursive function so to speak based on the firstname lastname combination that we get from HR and other duplication checks etc.

I cannot see that syncope will manage automated creation of username as for now from an external resource on the fly? Not even through transformations?

I think I will need to extend a connector for this task… and then the famous Office365 license thing that I think you had on the table too.

Regards,

    Mikael

Apache Syncope PMC Member
http://people.apache.org/~mdisabatino/

Re: Windows server scripted sql + groovy

Hi Mikael,
see my replies on-line.

Regards.

On 04/04/2017 09:35, Mikael Ekblom wrote:

Hi,

Ah, ok. The groovy-all.jar had to be moved into the syncope web-inf lib directory.So now we have two options: local file bundle and through the connid-server. Very well!

Another question by the way. We have our HR-system as a cloud solution. It will be configured as an external resource of course.

The thing now is that we are used to generate usernames according to an automated solution. We do not use firstname.lastname as the uid or samaccountname format.

A recursive function so to speak based on the firstname lastname combination that we get from HR and other duplication checks etc.

I cannot see that syncope will manage automated creation of username as for now from an external resource on the fly? Not even through transformations?

I 'd say you need to code a PullActions class

https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#pullactions

e.g. something that is invoked around your pull task execution, with option to mangle its input / output data.

Please be aware that PullActions (as all other customizations) require to start with a Maven project:

https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#customization

I think I will need to extend a connector for this task… and then the famous Office365 license thing that I think you had on the table too.

Exactly, my personal TODO list keeps growing, though... :-/

RE: Windows server scripted sql + groovy

Mikael Ekblom

Hi,

Ah yeah, forgot about the pull action interface. That is probably the right place for it.

I’ll see what I can do with the office 365 thing. Basically, it is only a system call to a server with office 365 powershell installed. Even connid cmd could be a good start…J

Regards,

      Mikael

On 04/04/2017 10:00, Mikael Ekblom wrote:

Hi,

Ah yeah, forgot about the pull action interface. That is probably the right place for it.

I’ll see what I can do with the office 365 thing. Basically, it is only a system call to a server with office 365 powershell installed. Even connid cmd could be a good start…J

Not a bad idea at all: in my company we've had some deployments with CMD connector w/ PowerShell scripts on Windows to provision Exchange, SharePoint, ...