failed to deploy syncope.war version 2.0.0.M5 on tomcat

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

failed to deploy syncope.war version 2.0.0.M5 on tomcat

Nisreen
This post was updated on .
Hi All;
I am trying to deploy a newer version of Apache syncope but with no luck, highly appreciate if someone can help me, below are the steps i followed:
1. create the project using
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.syncope -DarchetypeArtifactId=syncope-archetype -DarchetypeRepository=http://repos1.maven.apache.org/maven2/ -DarchetypeVersion=2.0.0.M5
2. update the persistence.properties file to include my MySql datasource
3. update web.xml to include a reference to my DB
4. update console.properties to change the host to the server where i deployed the wars
5.  i generated the war files using mvn clean package -Dbundles.directory=/opt/syncope/bundles -Dlog.directory=/opt/syncope/log -Dconf.directory=/opt/syncope/conf -e
6. when i deploy the wars on Tomcat, the syncope.war fails to start and the core-rest.log displays the following error
13:23:41.167 ERROR org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader - Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Invalid bean definition with name 'MasterDatabaseSchema' defined in URL [jar:file:/opt/tomcat/webapps/syncope/WEB-INF/lib/syncope-core-persistence-jpa-2.0.0.M5.jar!/domains/MasterDomain.xml]: Could not resolve placeholder 'Master.schema' in string value "${Master.schema}"; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not resolve placeholder 'Master.schema' in string value "${Master.schema}"
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.doProcessProperties(PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.java:223) ~[spring-beans-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.processProperties(PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.java:180) ~[spring-context-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.postProcessBeanFactory(PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.java:152) ~[spring-context-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.context.support.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.java:284) ~[spring-context-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.context.support.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.java:166) ~[spring-context-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:681) ~[spring-context-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:523) ~[spring-context-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.configureAndRefreshWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:444) ~[spring-web-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:326) ~[spring-web-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:107) ~[spring-web-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:5068) ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5584) ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:147) ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:899) ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:875) ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:652) ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:1092) ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1984) ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [?:1.8.0_65]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [?:1.8.0_65]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_65]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not resolve placeholder 'Master.schema' in string value "${Master.schema}"
        at org.springframework.util.PropertyPlaceholderHelper.parseStringValue(PropertyPlaceholderHelper.java:174) ~[spring-core-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.util.PropertyPlaceholderHelper.replacePlaceholders(PropertyPlaceholderHelper.java:126) ~[spring-core-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.core.env.AbstractPropertyResolver.doResolvePlaceholders(AbstractPropertyResolver.java:219) ~[spring-core-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.core.env.AbstractPropertyResolver.resolveRequiredPlaceholders(AbstractPropertyResolver.java:193) ~[spring-core-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer$2.resolveStringValue(PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.java:172) ~[spring-context-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.resolveStringValue(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:282) ~[spring-beans-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.resolveValue(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:204) ~[spring-beans-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.visitGenericArgumentValues(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:159) ~[spring-beans-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.visitBeanDefinition(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:85) ~[spring-beans-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.doProcessProperties(PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.java:220) ~[spring-beans-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
        ... 22 more

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: failed to deploy syncope.war version 2.0.0.M5 on tomcat

Fabio Martelli
Hi Nisreen, why are not you using Apache Syncope 2.0.1 instead 2.0.0.M5?
Kind regards,
F.

Il 20/11/2016 12:34, Nisreen ha scritto:

> Hi All;
> I am trying to deploy a newer version of Apache syncope but with no luck,
> highly appreciate if someone can help me, below are the steps i followed:
> 1. create the project using
> mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.syncope
> -DarchetypeArtifactId=syncope-archetype
> -DarchetypeRepository=http://repos1.maven.apache.org/maven2/
> -DarchetypeVersion=2.0.0.M5
> 2. update the persistence.properties file to include my MySql datasource
> 3. update web.xml to include a reference to my DB
> 4. update console.properties to change the host to the server where i
> deployed the wars
> 5.  i generated the war files using mvn clean package
> -Dbundles.directory=/opt/syncope/bundles -Dlog.directory=/opt/syncope/log
> -Dconf.directory=/opt/syncope/conf -e
> 6. when i deploy the wars on Tomcat, the syncope.war fails to start and the
> core-rest.log displays the following error
> 10:03:01.144 WARN
> org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext - Exception
> encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt:
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Invalid bean
> definition with name 'adminUser' defined in URL
> [jar:file:/opt/tomcat/webapps/syncope/WEB-INF/lib/syncope-core-spring-2.0.0.M5.jar!/securityContext.xml]:
> Circular placeholder reference 'adminUser' in property definitions; nested
> exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Circular placeholder
> reference 'adminUser' in property definitions
> 10:03:01.145 ERROR org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader - Context
> initialization failed
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Invalid bean
> definition with name 'adminUser' defined in URL
> [jar:file:/opt/tomcat/webapps/syncope/WEB-INF/lib/syncope-core-spring-2.0.0.M5.jar!/securityContext.xml]:
> Circular placeholder reference 'adminUser' in property definitions; nested
> exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Circular placeholder
> reference 'adminUser' in property definitions
> at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.doProcessProperties(PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.java:223)
> ~[spring-beans-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.processProperties(PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.java:180)
> ~[spring-context-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.postProcessBeanFactory(PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.java:152)
> ~[spring-context-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.springframework.context.support.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.java:284)
> ~[spring-context-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.springframework.context.support.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.java:166)
> ~[spring-context-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:681)
> ~[spring-context-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:523)
> ~[spring-context-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.configureAndRefreshWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:444)
> ~[spring-web-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:326)
> ~[spring-web-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:107)
> ~[spring-web-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:5068)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5584)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:147)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.start(ManagerServlet.java:1312)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.start(HTMLManagerServlet.java:690)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.doPost(HTMLManagerServlet.java:216)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:650)
> ~[servlet-api.jar:?]
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:731)
> ~[servlet-api.jar:?]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.filters.CsrfPreventionFilter.doFilter(CsrfPreventionFilter.java:136)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
> ~[tomcat7-websocket.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.filters.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:108)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:614)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:169)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:956)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:436)
> ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1078)
> ~[tomcat-coyote.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:625)
> ~[tomcat-coyote.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:316)
> ~[tomcat-coyote.jar:7.0.69]
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
> [?:1.8.0_65]
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
> [?:1.8.0_65]
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
> ~[tomcat-coyote.jar:7.0.69]
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_65]
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Circular placeholder
> reference 'adminUser' in property definitions
> at
> org.springframework.util.PropertyPlaceholderHelper.parseStringValue(PropertyPlaceholderHelper.java:141)
> ~[spring-core-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.springframework.util.PropertyPlaceholderHelper.parseStringValue(PropertyPlaceholderHelper.java:162)
> ~[spring-core-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.springframework.util.PropertyPlaceholderHelper.replacePlaceholders(PropertyPlaceholderHelper.java:126)
> ~[spring-core-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.springframework.core.env.AbstractPropertyResolver.doResolvePlaceholders(AbstractPropertyResolver.java:219)
> ~[spring-core-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.springframework.core.env.AbstractPropertyResolver.resolvePlaceholders(AbstractPropertyResolver.java:185)
> ~[spring-core-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer$2.resolveStringValue(PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.java:171)
> ~[spring-context-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.resolveStringValue(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:282)
> ~[spring-beans-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.resolveValue(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:204)
> ~[spring-beans-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.visitGenericArgumentValues(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:159)
> ~[spring-beans-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.visitBeanDefinition(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:85)
> ~[spring-beans-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.doProcessProperties(PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.java:220)
> ~[spring-beans-4.3.2.RELEASE.jar:4.3.2.RELEASE]
> ... 43 more
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://syncope-user.1051894.n5.nabble.com/failed-to-deploy-syncope-war-version-2-0-0-M5-on-tomcat-tp5708780.html
> Sent from the syncope-user mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


--
Fabio Martelli
https://it.linkedin.com/pub/fabio-martelli/1/974/a44
http://blog.tirasa.net/author/fabio/index.html

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

Apache Syncope PMC
http://people.apache.org/~fmartelli/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: failed to deploy syncope.war version 2.0.0.M5 on tomcat

Nisreen
Hi, thanks for your reply;
Well, i started with  2.0.1 and faced the same problem.
do you have any steps to follow other than the ones i did to avoid the problem or what do you think the reason behind it?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: failed to deploy syncope.war version 2.0.0.M5 on tomcat

ilgrosso
Administrator
I believe your trouble is in step 2:

> 2. update the persistence.properties file to include my MySql datasource

Have you followed

https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#dbms

?

Regards.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: failed to deploy syncope.war version 2.0.0.M5 on tomcat

Nisreen
Well, i repeated the whole steps using version 2.0.1. ad now getting the follwoing exception at core-rest.log
12:37:30.485 ERROR org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader - Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Invalid bean definition with name 'localMasterDataSource' defined in URL [jar:file:/opt/tomcat/webapps/syncope/WEB-INF/lib/syncope-core-persistence-jpa-2.0.1.jar!/domains/MasterDomain.xml]: Could not resolve placeholder 'Master.pool.validationQuery' in string value "${Master.pool.validationQuery}"; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not resolve placeholder 'Master.pool.validationQuery' in string value "${Master.pool.validationQuery}"
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.doProcessProperties(PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.java:223) ~[spring-beans-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.processProperties(PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.java:180) ~[spring-context-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.postProcessBeanFactory(PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.java:152) ~[spring-context-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.context.support.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.java:284) ~[spring-context-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.context.support.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.java:166) ~[spring-context-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:681) ~[spring-context-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:523) ~[spring-context-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.configureAndRefreshWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:444) ~[spring-web-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:326) ~[spring-web-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:107) ~[spring-web-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:5068) ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5584) ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:147) ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:899) ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:875) ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:652) ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:1092) ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1984) ~[catalina.jar:7.0.69]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [?:1.8.0_65]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [?:1.8.0_65]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_65]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not resolve placeholder 'Master.pool.validationQuery' in string value "${Master.pool.validationQuery}"
        at org.springframework.util.PropertyPlaceholderHelper.parseStringValue(PropertyPlaceholderHelper.java:174) ~[spring-core-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.util.PropertyPlaceholderHelper.replacePlaceholders(PropertyPlaceholderHelper.java:126) ~[spring-core-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.core.env.AbstractPropertyResolver.doResolvePlaceholders(AbstractPropertyResolver.java:219) ~[spring-core-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.core.env.AbstractPropertyResolver.resolveRequiredPlaceholders(AbstractPropertyResolver.java:193) ~[spring-core-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer$2.resolveStringValue(PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.java:172) ~[spring-context-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.resolveStringValue(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:282) ~[spring-beans-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.resolveValue(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:204) ~[spring-beans-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.visitPropertyValues(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:141) ~[spring-beans-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.visitBeanDefinition(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:82) ~[spring-beans-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.doProcessProperties(PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.java:220) ~[spring-beans-4.3.3.RELEASE.jar:4.3.3.RELEASE]
        ... 22 more
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: failed to deploy syncope.war version 2.0.0.M5 on tomcat

ilgrosso
Administrator
Have you noticed the warning at the beginning of the section linked above?

It says:
The changes reported below to support different DBMSes are not complete files, but only show the lines that need to be updated.

I guess you have probably replaced the whole content of those files with what reported in the guide, here's why you don't have defined ${Master.pool.validationQuery}, as Spring is reporting.

HTH
Regards.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: failed to deploy syncope.war version 2.0.0.M5 on tomcat

Nisreen
Well, i will upload the files i have updated, would you please take a look at thempersistence.propertiesprovisioning.propertiesMaster.properties