javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Remote exception with status code: NOT_FOUND

javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Remote exception with status code: NOT_FOUND

alinturbut
Hi all,

I am having a little issue in trying to start syncope version 2.0.2 on Tomcat with MySQL db. In the catalina logs I am seeing this:
javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Remote exception with status code: NOT_FOUND
        org.apache.syncope.client.lib.RestClientExceptionMapper.fromResponse(RestClientExceptionMapper.java:76)
        org.apache.syncope.client.lib.RestClientExceptionMapper.fromResponse(RestClientExceptionMapper.java:42)
        org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.ClientProxyImpl.checkResponse(ClientProxyImpl.java:310)
        org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.ClientProxyImpl.handleResponse(ClientProxyImpl.java:851)
        org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.ClientProxyImpl.doChainedInvocation(ClientProxyImpl.java:764)
        org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.ClientProxyImpl.invoke(ClientProxyImpl.java:235)
        com.sun.proxy.$Proxy69.platform(Unknown Source)

In localhost.log:
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Circular placeholder reference 'adminUser' in property definitions
        at org.springframework.util.PropertyPlaceholderHelper.parseStringValue(PropertyPlaceholderHelper.java:141)
        at org.springframework.util.PropertyPlaceholderHelper.parseStringValue(PropertyPlaceholderHelper.java:162)
        at org.springframework.util.PropertyPlaceholderHelper.replacePlaceholders(PropertyPlaceholderHelper.java:126)
        at org.springframework.core.env.AbstractPropertyResolver.doResolvePlaceholders(AbstractPropertyResolver.java:236)
        at org.springframework.core.env.AbstractPropertyResolver.resolvePlaceholders(AbstractPropertyResolver.java:202)
        at org.springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer$2.resolveStringValue(PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.java:171)

I am running a clean archetype project with the exact command from the tutorial, modifying provisioning.properties and Master.properties exactly how it is in the tutorial. I have a syncope db in my MySQL server and a user syncope that has rights on that database. The tables are not created, seems like a configuration issue which I cannot find.

Another strange thing I observed is that if I don't specify -Dconf.directory while building the referenced directory in persitence.properties from /target/classes, will be /target/test-classes - I don't think this is correct.

In case you need any other information, let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Alin Turbut

Re: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Remote exception with status code: NOT_FOUND

Andrea Patricelli-2

Hi,

please see my respnse inline.

Il 09/03/2017 08:49, alinturbut ha scritto:
[...]

Have you followed carefully what is explained at [1]?

" The changes reported below to support different DBMSes are not complete files, but only show the lines that need to be updated."

I think that you have issues with the security.properties file, adminUser property seems to be not set.Here is the documentation [2].
Another strange thing I observed is that if I don't specify -Dconf.directory
while building the referenced directory in persitence.properties from
/target/classes, will be /target/test-classes - I don't think this is
correct.
You must specify the conf.directory, do not try without.
In case you need any other information, let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Alin Turbut

HTH,
Andrea

[1] https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#dbms
[2] https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#set-admin-credentials
--
Andrea Patricelli

Syncope

Re: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Remote exception with status code: NOT_FOUND

alinturbut
Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I have managed to get some time and try again without success. My security.properties file:

adminUser=${adminUser}
adminPassword=5baa61e4c9b93f3f0682250b6cf8331b7ee68fd8
adminPasswordAlgorithm=SHA1

anonymousUser=${anonymousUser}
anonymousKey=${anonymousKey}

secretKey=${secretKey}
# default for LDAP / RFC2307 SSHA
digester.saltIterations=1
digester.saltSizeBytes=8
digester.invertPositionOfPlainSaltInEncryptionResults=true
digester.invertPositionOfSaltInMessageBeforeDigesting=true
digester.useLenientSaltSizeCheck=true

passwordGenerator=org.apache.syncope.core.spring.security.DefaultPasswordGenerator

and the one after build:

adminUser=admin
adminPassword=5baa61e4c9b93f3f0682250b6cf8331b7ee68fd8
adminPasswordAlgorithm=SHA1

anonymousUser=anonymous
anonymousKey=12345

secretKey=12345

It looks ok to me, the sha1 hash is the correct one for the default password "password".

Re: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Remote exception with status code: NOT_FOUND

Andrea Patricelli-2
Hi,

are you using the maven archetype right?

Have you also checked the enduser.properties file?
Could you please attach the compete stacktrace?

Best regards,
Andrea

Il 11/03/2017 08:24, alinturbut ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the answer. I have managed to get some time and try again without
> success. My security.properties file:
>
> adminUser=${adminUser}
> adminPassword=5baa61e4c9b93f3f0682250b6cf8331b7ee68fd8
> adminPasswordAlgorithm=SHA1
>
> anonymousUser=${anonymousUser}
> anonymousKey=${anonymousKey}
>
> secretKey=${secretKey}
> # default for LDAP / RFC2307 SSHA
> digester.saltIterations=1
> digester.saltSizeBytes=8
> digester.invertPositionOfPlainSaltInEncryptionResults=true
> digester.invertPositionOfSaltInMessageBeforeDigesting=true
> digester.useLenientSaltSizeCheck=true
>
> passwordGenerator=org.apache.syncope.core.spring.security.DefaultPasswordGenerator
>
> and the one after build:
>
> adminUser=admin
> adminPassword=5baa61e4c9b93f3f0682250b6cf8331b7ee68fd8
> adminPasswordAlgorithm=SHA1
>
> anonymousUser=anonymous
> anonymousKey=12345
>
> secretKey=12345
> # default for LDAP / RFC2307 SSHA
> digester.saltIterations=1
> digester.saltSizeBytes=8
> digester.invertPositionOfPlainSaltInEncryptionResults=true
> digester.invertPositionOfSaltInMessageBeforeDigesting=true
> digester.useLenientSaltSizeCheck=true
>
> passwordGenerator=org.apache.syncope.core.spring.security.DefaultPasswordGenerator
>
> It looks ok to me, the sha1 hash is the correct one for the default password
> "password".

Andrea Patricelli

Syncope

Re: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Remote exception with status code: NOT_FOUND

Andrea Patricelli-2
BTW I reproduced your issue. I guess that if you open your
/opt/syncope/conf/security.properties you have a placeholder
${adminUser} instead of admin into "adminUser" property.

Please follow carefully instructions provided in the documentation at
[1] (especially Deployment directories) on how to customize properties
and check files under /opt/syncope and everything will work ;)

Best regards,
Andrea

[1] https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#customization

Andrea Patricelli