[syncope-users] Create content.xml file

renemulder
Hi All,

I would like to export a configuration from a running environment to
be able to easily migrate it to another environment. The quickest way
seems to be to use the content.xml file, which is loaded upon
deployment (and then manually change connection URLs, which seems not
too much work).

The only thing is, some of the configuration is in a serialized format
of an XML representation of the object . Specifically the
ConnectorInstance object.

Which serialization method was used here? I've found that its the UTF
character value in hexadecimal format following a % sign, but not all
characters were transformed and i can't recognize it to a standard
method.

Thanks in advance.

René

Re: [syncope-users] Create content.xml file

Fabio Martelli
Hi René.

> Hi All,
>
> I would like to export a configuration from a running environment to
> be able to easily migrate it to another environment. The quickest way
> seems to be to use the content.xml file, which is loaded upon
> deployment (and then manually change connection URLs, which seems not
> too much work).
>
> The only thing is, some of the configuration is in a serialized format
> of an XML representation of the object . Specifically the
> ConnectorInstance object.
>
> Which serialization method was used here? I've found that its the UTF
> character value in hexadecimal format following a % sign, but not all
> characters were transformed and i can't recognize it to a standard
> method.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> René

Hi René,
connector instances are serialized using java java.beans.XMLEncoder (java.beans.XMLDecoder to decode).
The XML string obtained is URL encoded using java.net.URLEncoder.decode(str, "UTF-8") (java.net.URLDecoder to decode).

Regards,
F.

[syncope-users] Re: Create content.xml file

renemulder
Thanks!

I found it. Just export using DbUnit... Pretty easy actually.