[syncope-users] Opensymphony workflow

Ernst
Hi,

On the website of opensymphony (http://www.opensymphony.com/) one can read that the project is stopped, and no development or maintenance will exist anymore.
Some components have a new home, but not all. One of them is OSWorkflow. What does this mean for Syncope, that is using the OSWorkflow component of OpenSymphony?
Will you choose a new engine, or will you fork OSWorkflow? I will not try to think of all options here, but can you clarify this issue please?

Thanks,
Ernst

Re: [syncope-users] Opensymphony workflow

On 01/08/2011 12:48, Ernst wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On the website of opensymphony (http://www.opensymphony.com/) one can
> read that the project is stopped, and no development
> or maintenance will exist anymore.
> Some components have a new home, but not all. One of them is
> OSWorkflow. What does this mean for Syncope, that is using the
> OSWorkflow component of OpenSymphony?
> Will you choose a new engine, or will you fork OSWorkflow? I will not
> try to think of all options here, but can you clarify this issue please?

Hi Ernst,
as you can read in [1], in particular my comment of last Jun 18, we will
replace OSWorkflow with another (alive) Open Source workflow engine.

This will happen at latest with next stable release, on the roadmap for
December 2011, as you can see from [1].

Regards.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/syncope/issues/detail?id=74

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)