[syncope-users] Re: Syncope and MySQL

On 08/07/2011 11:39, Sarris Overbosch | Everett wrote:
Hi,

I've got a problem when using mysql as db, the table SyncopeConf is not created because the property key result in a sql query like this:

    create table SyncopeConf (key varchar(255) not null, value varchar(255), primary key (key))

In this query the first occurence of key will not been seen as a column name but as part of the sql syntaxt telling the next column will be the primary key. But the name of the column is then missing which leads to a failure. If you change the sql query in something like:

    create table SyncopeConf (kei varchar(255) not null, value varchar(255), primary key (kei))

It will work... (kei is just an example)

Hi Sarris,
I reply to you and to the Syncope Users ML as well so that this conversation can be useful for other people too.
Moreover, I strongly suggest you to subscribe such ML, if you are interested in Syncope.

At the moment MySQL has not been intensively tested and verified with Syncope; only Oracle 10g / 11g, PostgreSQL and HSQLDB are officially supported.

Anyway, MySQL support is already planned (see [1]) for next major Syncope release, Ritornello (see [2]).

Cheers.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/syncope/issues/detail?id=128
[2] http://code.google.com/p/syncope/wiki/Roadmap

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

[syncope-users] Re: Syncope and MySQL

On 08/07/2011 15:05, Sarris Overbosch | Everett wrote:
Well Francesco,

I changed SyncopeConf and added @Column(name="vkey") to the key property, then I changed the content.xml so the initial load could take place. I had to change key into vkey for SyncopeConf part. The I changed my MySQL configuration, added lower_case_table_names=1 under [mysqld] in /etc/my.cnf. Now I am able to use a mysql database (at least I can start Syncope and log in as admin).

Hei, a part from the "lower_case_table_names" stuff, the rest looks very promising: thanks for your contrib!

Cheers.

On 08-07-11 11:48, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
[...]

Il 08/07/2011 17:08, Sarris Overbosch | Everett ha scritto:
Ok, works changed the table names in views.xml to equal the name of the classes and then I don't have to put the lower_case_table_names in /etc/my.cnf. So I guess you can now start support MySQL earlier on ;-)

...maybe some deeper test needed, but good starting point ;-)