[syncope-users] Re: Urgent help needed for Syncope installation

On 07/07/2011 14:50, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,
I am replying to the users ML so that this discussion can be useful for
other people, too.
See below for my replies.

Cheers.

> I was taking help from the post and the from document in the following link http://code.google.com/p/syncope/wiki/GettingStarted.
>
> I am also facing the same error of "Alert: Session expired: please login again."
>
> I need your help. Below are points that might help ypu to understand the case.
>
> 1. We are using PostgreSQL
> 2. We have kept the postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar at the $CATALINA_HOME/lib.
> 3. I have modified context.xml ($CATALINA_HOME/conf) with
> <Resource name="jdbc/syncopeDatasource" auth="Container"
>            type="javax.sql.DataSource" driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
>            url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/postgres"
>            username="postgres" password="welcome@1" maxActive="100" maxIdle="30"
>            maxWait="-1"/>
> 4. After deploying when i am trying "http://localhost:8080/adsyncope-0.5.10/rest/schema/user/list.xml" I am being able to see the xml. enclosing the xml file.

This is the point: you are using the "Real-world" scenario but you seems
to miss the part in which you have to create the
configuration.properties file with the appropriate baseURL:

baseURL=http://localhost:9080/syncope/rest/

that in you case becomes (based on the URL you've posted above):

baseURL=http://localhost:9080/adsyncope-0.5.10/rest/

> 5. I am also sending the files from "core\src\main\resources" (configuration.properties, content.xml, persistence.properties). Please let me know if you need any thing else. I need this to setup urgently. Please help.
>
> Deb
>
> PS. Please check the foram for the files.

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

Re: [syncope-users] Re: Urgent help needed for Syncope installation

deb2011
HI,

In our project we have got the artifactId as 'adsyncope' and gave the version as '0.5.10'.

That results the core war file generated as 'adsyncope-0.5.10.war'.

And following your suggestion from We have set the base url as that.

Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote
I can understand now that you have a different deployment URI, from your messages, most likely because you've just dropped the WAR files into Tomcat's webapps directory.

But core's WAR file name depends on the name you given to your project: I assume that you have a file called MYPROJECT-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war under core/target: please adapt the following URL according to your actual name.

Please check http://localhost:8080/MYPROJECT-1.0-SNAPSHOT/rest/schema/user/list.xml instead.

Re: [syncope-users] Re: Urgent help needed for Syncope installation

Fabio Martelli

Il giorno 07/lug/2011, alle ore 15.07, deb2011 ha scritto:

> HI,
>
> In our project we have got the artifactId as 'adsyncope' and gave the
> version as '0.5.10'.
>
> That results the core war file generated as 'adsyncope-0.5.10.war'.
>
> And following your suggestion from We have set the base url as that.

Hi,
can we suppose that it is working now?
Please, let us know if you still have some problems.

Regards,
F.

> Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
>>
>> I can understand now that you have a different deployment URI, from your
>> messages, most likely because you've just dropped the WAR files into
>> Tomcat's webapps directory.
>>
>> But core's WAR file name depends on the name you given to your project: I
>> assume that you have a file called MYPROJECT-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war under
>> core/target: please adapt the following URL according to your actual name.
>>
>> Please check
>> http://localhost:8080/MYPROJECT-1.0-SNAPSHOT/rest/schema/user/list.xml
>> instead.

Re: [syncope-users] Re: Urgent help needed for Syncope installation

deb2011
hi,

I am still facing the same problem.

Deb

On 11/07/2011 08:06, deb2011 wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am still facing the same problem.
Hi,
can you please post (again) your configuration.properties and the URL
that you are using to check the users list (this should be something
like http://localhost:8080/adsyncope-0.5.10/rest/schema/user/list.xml)?

Thanks.

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

Re: [syncope-users] Re: Urgent help needed for Syncope installation

deb2011
Hi,

We are using the following url which is showing the xml file.
 "http://localhost:8080/adsyncope-0.5.10/rest/schema/user/list.xml"

Please find the attached configuration.properties file.

Deb
configuration.properties

On 11/07/2011 08:51, deb2011 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using the following url which is showing the xml file.
>   "http://localhost:8080/adsyncope-0.5.10/rest/schema/user/list.xml"
>
> Please find the attached configuration.properties file.

Ok, here it follows the problem; in configuration.properties you've
configured

baseURL=http://localhost:9080/adsyncope-0.5.10/rest/

while it should be (please note the port number, compared to the URL you
provided above)

baseURL=http://localhost:8080/adsyncope-0.5.10/rest/

Cheers.

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

Re: [syncope-users] Re: Urgent help needed for Syncope installation

deb2011
Hi,

I have changed the configuration.properties file and have rebuild it. I have taken the new war files and have redeployed them.
But it is still showing the error as

NOTE : It is opening http://localhost:8080/adsyncope-0.5.10/rest/schema/user/list.xml.

Il 11/07/2011 09:09, deb2011 ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I have changed the configuration.properties file and have rebuild it. I have
> taken the new war files and have redeployed them.
> But it is still showing the error as
> Alert:
>
> Session expired: please login again.

Can you please do a "mvn clean" of your project, compress and post it
here, so that I can take a look?

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

Re: [syncope-users] Re: Urgent help needed for Syncope installation

deb2011
Please find the attachment

adsyncope.zip

On 11/07/2011 10:10, deb2011 wrote:
> Please find the attachment
>
> http://syncope-users.1051894.n5.nabble.com/file/n4574225/adsyncope.zip
> adsyncope.zip

Deb,
in your attachment, the file configuration.properties is under
core/src/main/resource: this file must be put instead under
console/src/main/resources (as reported in
http://code.google.com/p/syncope/wiki/GettingStarted#Administration_Console)

If you don't put the file into the right location, your project will
fetch the default settings that are completely wrong for your project.

Cheers.

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." (E. W. Dijkstra)

Re: [syncope-users] Re: Urgent help needed for Syncope installation

deb2011
HI Francesco Chicchiriccò,

Thank you for the help. I can see the console now. Thank you so much.

Regards,
Deb

Il giorno 11/lug/2011, alle ore 10.55, deb2011 ha scritto:

> HI Francesco Chicchiriccò,
>
> Thank you for the help. I can see the console now. Thank you so much.

Hi Debosmita,
if you permit I'd like to know something about your application context and, perhaps, your goals.

Sorry for this question but the reasons why I'm asking are:
- first of all because sometimes I'm too much curious   ;)
- but especially because I think that certain information could help us to know where/how the project is going.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
F.

Re: [syncope-users] Re: Urgent help needed for Syncope installation

deb2011
HI,

We want to build a 3rd party application where we want to use the REST controllers. Now we need to figure out how we can do that. And I am sure I will again bother you soon :D

Regards,
Deb